Since we released Catalog last month, its growth has been enormous. Already, over 20,000 people have installed our new iPad shopping app and it has a 4+ star rating in the Apple App Store.
Most importantly, Catalog is helping shoppers find Shopify merchants’ products. To date, there have been over 5 million product impressions! Also, over 23,000 new Shopify stores have been discovered through Catalog, and sales continue to grow.
Here are some of the improvements:
- We’ve added full cart functionality, so shoppers can now add multiple items to their shopping cart.
- When Catalog is downloaded from a smart-banner, your store is automatically opened and your products will be displayed within the app.
- Huge performance enhancements have increased page load speeds by 400%.
- The ‘Products I Love’ page will now let users bookmark their favorite products.
- Shopify merchants can now filter specific products and collections so they won’t be displayed in Catalog.
- Download Catalog 1.2 here.
Introducing: Catalog Manager
In the future, Catalog Manager will be a central hub where Shopify merchants can customize how their store appears in Catalog – including fine grain customization like custom banners, colors, headers, and icons. Install Catalog Manager here.