Shopify 2 is a major update and redesign to your store’s admin panel. In addition to a new look and feel, we’ve added over 60 new features and enhancements to help you run your store.
After several months of beta testing, we're proud to announce the release of Shopify 2 to all stores.
After you upgrade, your store will look exactly the same to your customers – only your back-end admin will be different. And Shopify 2 comes at no extra cost to you, even though you get more features.
What are some of the new features in Shopify 2?
- Our new “Live theme preview” allows you to change colors, fonts and other settings and immediately see the results without having to publish your changes.
- Meta descriptions for SEO can easily be edited on every product, page, collection and blog post. You can also set your store’s general SEO title and meta description.
- In-line editing means you can now easily make changes to your inventory or product variants without navigating to another page.
- New filter and search options let you easily and quickly find products, orders or customers anywhere in your admin by typing a keyword or two into the new search bar.
- Your admin dashboard has been completely redesigned to make it even easier to track trends and gain insights from your traffic and sales reports.
- Abandoned checkouts are now listed on their own page. You can review the information about each potential customers and email them a link to continue their checkout process.
- Order editing lets you partially charge or refund an order without having to cancel it. You can also easily edit a customer’s shipping address from the Orders page.
- Shopify 2 includes Asynchronous Google Analytics code, and support for Google Analytics Remarketing.
- We’ve added the option to uncheck the “ship to billing address” option found on your store’s checkout page.
- A barcode field has been added to products. You can use this to integrate with our Google Shopping App.
What has changed?
- In your Shopify 2 admin, what used to be called “Promotions” is now called “Discounts.”
- With Shopify 2, we wanted to make your uploaded files as easily accessible as possible, so they now exist in their own tab in the “Settings” section called “Files.” To learn more about file uploads, check out this article.
- We’ve built a brand new app that will automatically list your products on Google Shopping. Find out more about the app right here.
Where can I get help using Shopify 2?
- For more details about Shopify 2, check out our FAQ.
- We have brand new documentation specifically for Shopify 2. Find everything you need in The Shopify Manual.
- You can also contact our support team 24/7 – they’ll be happy to help you out!
In addition to all the features described above, Shopify 2 includes platform updates that will let us release improvements at a faster pace. In the next few months you’ll see some very exciting new features in your Shopify admin.
Thank you for supporting Shopify, and enjoy the new platform!