We’re looking for an experienced security leader to join Shopify’s Trust team and lead our Security Resiliency team!
Shopify has grown rapidly over the last number of years. Through a series of safeguards, the Trust team has created a safe environment for employees to do their best work without risking our merchants' trust. The Security Incident Response team is always monitoring for risk and when bad behaviors are detected (internally and externally), the team jumps into action to remediate the situation.
As the Team Lead of Security Resiliency, you’ll be responsible for managing the security incident response team. You’ll be expected to scale the incident response function using technology, automation and best practice.
This is a trailblazing team! You will have the creative freedom to make a real difference and the chance to work with the best talent. Sounds like the place for you? Read on, and we'd love to hear from you!
Here’s what you can expect from the role - an opportunity to:
- Lead engineering and operations teams to enhance our security incident response capability and perform scalable security alert management.
- Build and establish the methodology and tooling to operate security incident response and alert management at scale.
- Use data to define and develop metrics to tell the security incident response story.
- Organize and run regular game day and crisis scenarios exercises.
- Be willing to roll up your sleeves and participate in critical incident response and mitigation efforts.
- Provide direction, mentorship and support to a team of incident responders and security analysts.
- Grow the team through hiring and development.
- Champion the incident response craft, along with leaders from other Shopify teams.
- Be a security advocate at Shopify.