Account Executive - Cross-Sell Mid-Market - Bilingual German
- Berlin, Germany
- Sales and Account Management
Opportunity is not evenly distributed. Shopify puts independence within reach for anyone with a dream to start a business. We propel entrepreneurs and enterprises to scale the heights of their potential. Since 2006, we’ve grown to 10,000 employees and generated over $496 billion in sales for millions of merchants in 175 countries.
This is life-defining work that directly impacts people’s lives as much as it transforms your own. This is putting the power of the few in the hands of the many, is a future with more voices rather than fewer, and is creating more choices instead of an elite option.
Moving at our pace brings a lot of change, complexity, and ambiguity—and a little bit of chaos. Shopifolk thrive on that and are comfortable being uncomfortable. That means Shopify is not the right place for everyone.
- Care deeply about what you do and about making commerce better for everyone
- Excel by seeking professional and personal hypergrowth
- Keep up with an unrelenting pace (the week, not the quarter)
- Be resilient and resourceful in face of ambiguity and thrive on (rather than endure) change
- Bring critical thought and opinion
- Embrace differences and disagreement to get shit done and move forward
- Work digital-first for your daily work
About the role
To accelerate our growth, we’re searching for an exceptional account executive to help our existing Shopify merchants grow and scale their revenue through various product offerings including our enterprise eCommerce platform and a range of financial services. Your mission will be to help Small and Medium Business (SMB) sized merchants across EMEA identify their goals and make the right choices for their business to succeed.
- Drive cross-sell revenue through engagement with existing Shopify merchants across EMEA
- Actively manage the sales process, including positioning, presenting, and /demoing the Shopify platform and associated suite of additional products and closing sales
- Actively manage your assigned book of business, including account prioritisation and reach out
- Help merchants identify their goals and recommend solutions that fulfil their needs and help their business grow
- Build and foster relationships with decision-makers and key influencers across multiple industries and successfully manage stakeholders internally and externally across the board
- Build and manage a book of business through outbound activities as well as handle inbound leads
- Effectively manage an account set, know your numbers (strategy to reach your target) and maintain a reliable pipeline
- Achieve your sales targets and performance metrics across various products.
- At least 3 years of technology sales experience in a closing role
- Experience operating in a fast-paced environment with a focus on upsell/cross sell to existing customers (not new business) and a proven track record of overachievement
- You are a commerce subject-matter expert and have an understanding of unique business needs to show merchants how to 10x their business.
- You love your craft - You have demonstrated ability to drive sales with all stakeholders (from both the business and IT, mid-level to senior executive), and have successfully, consistently achieved within a fast-paced, high growth sales environment
- Merchant obsessed - You are customer-focused and do the right things the right way every time
- You are results-driven with a growth mindset and you stay focused when it comes to generating sales opportunities
- You are familiar with sales forecasting methodologies and are able to identify and deploy key metrics like win rate, time to win, gap to target, etc
- Solution-Oriented - You have the ability to identify and creatively solve complex problems to keep a sale on track
- Self starter with the ability to work in a self-directed manner navigating through a fast-paced and ambiguous environment
- Thrive on change - Commerce is always evolving, Shopify is ever-changing, and change is constant - you are someone who can feel comfortable in and ever-changing environment
- Outbound focused - you thrive on winning business through outbound activities and have proven success of doing so
- Outstanding phone, written, and interpersonal skills, ability to find the right communication style for the right audience
- Knowledge of Salesforce CRM preferred but not essential
- Bilingual English and German
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
The shape of a Shopify career
Ben joined Shopify as a frontline Support Advisor with no background in programming or computer science. He’s now a Director of Engineering. Spanning 10 jobs on 7 teams in 9 years, Ben’s Shopify career path has twisted and turned as he’s worked relentlessly to pursue a career as an engineer and adapted to the pace of change—all fuelled by personal and professional hypergrowth.
Ben’s growth trajectory
- A support advisor for 2 years
- Studied dev skills. Learnt about our API. Became first API support person. Found bugs to fix.
- Eventually became a software dev
- Helped launch first finance product for merchants
- Became senior dev and launched new support contact centre
- Led a team as a dev manager
- Scaled a team from 4 to 60+ as a senior dev manager
- Became Director for Support and CX Engineering