Account Executive, Large Accounts
- Sales and Account Management
Opportunity is not evenly distributed. Shopify puts independence within reach for anyone with a dream to start a business. Since 2006, we’ve grown to over 10,000 employees and generated over $496 billion in sales for millions of merchants in 175 countries. Every 28 seconds, an entrepreneur on Shopify makes their first sale.
This is life-defining work that directly impacts people’s lives as much as it transforms your own. This is putting the power of the few in the hands of the many, is a future with more voices rather than fewer, and is creating more choices instead of an elite option.
Moving at our pace brings a lot of change, complexity, and ambiguity—and a little bit of chaos. Shopifolk thrive on that and are comfortable being uncomfortable. That means Shopify is not the right place for everyone.
- Care deeply about what you do and about making commerce better for everyone
- Excel by seeking professional and personal hypergrowth
- Keep up with an unrelenting pace (the week, not the quarter)
- Be resilient and resourceful in face of ambiguity and thrive on (rather than endure) change
- Bring critical thought and opinion
- Embrace differences and disagreement to get shit done and move forward
- Work digital-first for your daily work
About the role
Shopify Plus is making enterprise commerce simple. We give high growth, high volume merchants the scalability, reliability, and flexibility they need. Shopify Plus is helping power commerce for companies like Tesla, RedBull, GE, L'Oreal, Gymshark, Kanye West, Allbirds, Staples and many more. We believe large merchants should love their commerce platform and we work hard each day to make that happen. We are in hyper-growth, and this is where you come in.
Shopify Plus is looking for a Senior Sales Representative - Large Accounts with proven performance in a quota-carrying role to help us expand our market share. As part of the Large Accounts team, you will be responsible for developing and executing account strategies to generate new business opportunities with the biggest merchants across the East regional teams.
- Create and execute outbound sales playbooks to generate net new source pipelines, either independently or in collaboration with SDRs
- Develop a deep understanding of the company's products, target customers, and value proposition, and effectively communicate them to prospects
- Manage a complex sales cycle from sourcing to close, including engaging with business stakeholders, legal, and technical teams
- Build and maintain a robust pipeline of new business opportunities within assigned territory, with a focus on net new logo sales
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends and macroeconomic factors that impact the business landscape, and use this knowledge to inform sales strategy and messaging
- Collaborate closely with marketing and product teams to refine messaging and go-to-market strategy based on customer feedback and market trends
- Build and maintain strong relationships with prospects and customers, earning their trust as a strategic advisor and partner
- Accurately forecast sales opportunities and report on progress against targets to sales leadership
- Continuously refine sales processes and strategies based on performance data and customer feedback
- Contribute to a positive and collaborative team culture, sharing best practices and learnings with colleagues
You'll need to have:
- Experience in a full-cycle quota-carrying sales role, selling an eCommerce platform
- Experience managing and closing complex sales cycles
- Track record of overachievement
- Energy, motivation, and self-discipline to stay focused amongst the chaos of diving into a new market
- A passion for talking to people, understanding their unique business needs, and showing them how to 10x their business
- Creating a new way of selling Shopify Plus to large merchants
- Innovating and developing new ways to sell and disrupt enterprise software sales
- Impacting Shopify Plus’ success as well as the entire software sales industry
- Beat Magento, BigCommerce, SAP Hybris and Salesforce Commerce Cloud on a daily basis
- Making the most of the opportunity to work at an amazing, innovative, and rapidly growing company; have an impact; be involved and do something incredible
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We’re looking forward to reading your application.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
The shape of a Shopify career
Ben joined Shopify as a frontline Support Advisor with no background in programming or computer science. He’s now a Director of Engineering. Spanning 10 jobs on 7 teams in 9 years, Ben’s Shopify career path has twisted and turned as he’s worked relentlessly to pursue a career as an engineer and adapted to the pace of change—all fuelled by personal and professional hypergrowth.
Ben’s growth trajectory
- A support advisor for 2 years
- Studied dev skills. Learnt about our API. Became first API support person. Found bugs to fix.
- Eventually became a software dev
- Helped launch first finance product for merchants
- Became senior dev and launched new support contact centre
- Led a team as a dev manager
- Scaled a team from 4 to 60+ as a senior dev manager
- Became Director for Support and CX Engineering