Account Executive, Northern Europe
- Sales and Account Management
Opportunity is not evenly distributed. Shopify puts independence within reach for anyone with a dream to start a business. Since 2006, we’ve grown to over 10,000 employees and generated over $496 billion in sales for millions of merchants in 175 countries. Every 28 seconds, an entrepreneur on Shopify makes their first sale.
This is life-defining work that directly impacts people’s lives as much as it transforms your own. This is putting the power of the few in the hands of the many, is a future with more voices rather than fewer, and is creating more choices instead of an elite option.
Moving at our pace brings a lot of change, complexity, and ambiguity—and a little bit of chaos. Shopifolk thrive on that and are comfortable being uncomfortable. That means Shopify is not the right place for everyone.
- Care deeply about what you do and about making commerce better for everyone
- Excel by seeking professional and personal hypergrowth
- Keep up with an unrelenting pace (the week, not the quarter)
- Be resilient and resourceful in face of ambiguity and thrive on (rather than endure) change
- Bring critical thought and opinion
- Embrace differences and disagreement to get shit done and move forward
- Work digital-first for your daily work
About the role
In the Commercial team our mission is to bring more Shopify to more merchants across the globe. To help merchants understand the depth and utility of our products, and make them more successful. We make sure they can access the right product at the right time highlighting its value, whether they are new to the platform, or looking to amplify their growth.
To accelerate our growth, we’re searching for an exceptional Senior Account Executive to join the team at Shopify to help us build the EMEA market. Your mission will be to help medium-sized merchants across Northern Europe (UK, Ireland, Nordics, Benelux) to identify their goals and make the right choices for their business to succeed.
- Drive sales revenue through new client acquisition within some of EMEAs most exciting brands.
- Actively manage the sales process, including positioning, presenting, and demoing the Shopify platform, and closing sales.
- Help merchants to identify their goals and make the right decisions for their business to succeed.
- Create new ways of positioning Shopify as a solution for accelerated growth.
- Build and manage a book of business through outbound prospecting (in partnership with a Business Development Representative) as well as inbound opportunities.
- Be organized - effectively manage an account set, maintain CRM hygiene, and keep detailed and accurate notes of all sales-related activities.
- Identify each client’s unique needs and cultivate effective sales strategies.
- Work cross-functionally with other teams.
- Achieve your sales targets and performance metrics.
- 2 years technology sales experience in a closing role, in a fast-paced environment with a focus on consultative solutions selling for a SaaS or eCommerce company with a proven track record of overachievement.
- Fluent in English with knowledge of either Dutch, Swedish, Norwegian or Danish considered a plus.
- You are a commerce subject-matter expert and have an understanding of unique business needs, in order to show merchants how to 10x their business.
- You love your craft - You have a demonstrated ability to drive sales with all stakeholders (from both the business and IT, mid-level to senior executive), and have successfully, consistently achieved success within a fast-paced, high growth sales environment.
- Merchant obsessed - You are customer-focused and make the best decisions for the customer every time.
- Driven - You are results-driven with a growth mindset and you stay focused amongst the chaos of diving into a new market.
- Analytical - You are able to provide consistent, accurate sales forecasts.
- Solution-Oriented - You have the ability to identify and creatively solve complex problems to keep a sale on track.
- Experience managing high volume of opportunities with forecasting accuracy.
- Thrive on change - Commerce is always evolving, Shopify is ever-changing, and change is constant.
- You have the desire to work in and build a strong team environment where you make each other better.
- You want to have an impact; be involved and do something incredible!
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we value your time.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encouraging everyone to apply.
The shape of a Shopify career
Ben joined Shopify as a frontline Support Advisor with no background in programming or computer science. He’s now a Director of Engineering. Spanning 10 jobs on 7 teams in 9 years, Ben’s Shopify career path has twisted and turned as he’s worked relentlessly to pursue a career as an engineer and adapted to the pace of change—all fuelled by personal and professional hypergrowth.
Ben’s growth trajectory
- A support advisor for 2 years
- Studied dev skills. Learnt about our API. Became first API support person. Found bugs to fix.
- Eventually became a software dev
- Helped launch first finance product for merchants
- Became senior dev and launched new support contact centre
- Led a team as a dev manager
- Scaled a team from 4 to 60+ as a senior dev manager
- Became Director for Support and CX Engineering