About the role
Shopify Plus makes enterprise commerce simple. We give high-growth, high-volume merchants the scalability, reliability and flexibility they need. Shopify Plus helps power commerce for companies like Tsuchiya Kaban, Kinto, Base Food, Kyoto Brewing, Objcts, Allbirds, and many more. We believe large merchants should love their commerce platform and we work hard to make that happen. We are growing and the landscape is changing every day; this is where you come in.
Our Merchant Success team acts as strategic advisors for all our Shopify Plus merchants. As a Merchant Success Manager, you are so much more than a traditional Account Manager. It will be essential that you are passionate about the success of our merchants, and that you leverage your role to help high-growth, high-volume merchants be successful. You will do this through developing strong relationships with your merchants, and providing them with recommendations on how to build and implement the right tactics to move their business forward. You will also have the exciting opportunity to assist in helping grow the Shopify Plus Merchant Success approach in Japan, as well as being an advocate for the overall objective of increasing awareness for Shopify Plus in the country.
This is a remote position available within Japan. Japanese language proficiency required.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Support the development of strategic merchant partnerships and build a loyal base that actively advocates for Shopify Plus.
- Serve as cross-functional leader across Shopify Plus – to ensure a unified, seamless merchant experience.
- Coach merchants to grow their business by partnering with them on goal development, and providing tailored and structured recommendations to achieve those goals.
- Identify areas for improvement, including opportunities for product adoption and implementing new Shopify features; recommending ways to best utilize Shopify’s solutions.
- Connect merchants with top Shopify Partners for custom design and development projectsPartner with internal Shopify teams to advocate for merchants’ needs and requests.
- Demonstrate an in depth understanding of industry trends
Requirements for the role:
- Proficient in Japanese and English at a business level.
- At least 2-3+ years proven experience in SaaS account management in Japan and the broader Asia Pacific region.
- Strong business acumen and experience providing strategic advice to customers Exceptional ability to develop and maintain relationships with wide range of personalities, levels, and role capacities.
- Experience providing customer value and driving retention; you should be merchant-focused in all that you do.
- Experience or training in managing small to mid sized projects; you’ll be working with 35-45+ merchants and their big picture strategy.
- Experience, training, or exposure to programming languages, custom apps, APIs, etc.; you’ll be working with multiple stakeholders and will need to speak their language.
- Experience or training in Digital Marketing (paid advertising, social media, SEO etc); you know the tactics that will drive results.
- Strong organizational, operational and project management skills.
- Technical aptitude – quick to develop a deep understanding of new software.
- Adept at navigating large complex organizations, matrixed decision-making, working with multiple stakeholders both internally and externally and across global time zones.
- Proven ability to analyze complex situations and drive goals & action plans to lead merchants to achieve their key objectives.
- Demonstrate a high-degree of customer-centric thinking, behaviour and track record and experience working cross-functionally between sales, engineering, and support teams
It would be great if you also had experience:
- Experience in eCommerce/EC (understanding of acquisition, conversion, retention); it is a complex ecosystem with many moving parts, and you need to communicate how they fit together.
- Working with other Japanese EC providers and marketplaces.
- Working remotely.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We are looking forward to reading your application. Regardless of the outcome of your application we will strive to provide an update to you within 3 weeks of your application submission.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our 2019 Sustainability Report to learn more about Shopify's commitments.
Interested, but not ready to apply?
Join the Shopify Talent Community to learn more about Shopify by clicking here.