Accounts Payable Specialist
Shopify is a fast-growing commerce company currently powering over 500,000 stores in more than 175 different countries. Merchants use our software to power their business across multiple sales channels, including web, tablet and mobile storefronts, through social media and marketplaces, and in their brick-and-mortar and pop-up shops. As Shopify continues to expand globally and the volume of our transactions increase, we’re looking to add an Accounts Payable Specialist to our finance team in Ottawa. You will be working closely with the business to provide accurate and lightning-fast processing of employee expenses and other pay related actions.
- Review and approve employee expense reports
- Review corporate credit card transactions
- Process accounts payable invoices in the accounting system
- Assist with other accounting activities as required
It'd be great if you have...
- Minimum college diploma in Accounting and theoretical understanding of Accounting concepts
- Experience using Excel at an intermediate level & motivated to improve
- Experience using an established accounting ERP is strongly desired
- Proven attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Flexible / adaptable nature that will thrive in Shopify's fast paced environment
- High standards with regards to processing quickly and accurately
Bonus points if you have...
- Desire to pursue further Accounting studies, possibly a designation
- Payroll Experience
- Experience with Workday, Nexonia and NetSuite
Here's how to apply:
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application! Please address your cover letter to Julie. Deadline to apply will be December 14 2017.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Super Fun Test
In order to get a good feel of your accountings skills we've decided to design a little accounting test. The key is to do this test in 30 min or less. Part 1, no longer than 5 min. Part 2, no longer than 15 minutes. Part 3, no longer than 10 minutes.
Please visit the link below to view the data sets and begin the test. Once you have completed the test please submit it as an attachment in an excel file along with your resume and anything else you may think we should see.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Finance & Accounting jobs are posted.