About the role
Shopify is now permanently remote and working towards a future that is digital by default. Learn more about what this can mean for you.
Shopify is a fast-growing commerce company currently powering over 1 million stores in more than 175 different countries. Merchants use our software to power their business across multiple sales channels, including web, and mobile storefronts, through social media and marketplaces, and in their brick-and-mortar and pop-up shops.
As Shopify continues to expand globally and the volume of our transactions increase, we’re looking to add an Accounts Payable Specialist who is currently located in an Eastern Time (EST/EDT) location to our finance team. You will be working closely with the business to provide accurate and lightning-fast processing of Payables.
- Processing accounts payable invoices in Shopify’s accounting system
- Ensuring that transactions are in conformity with the company’s delegation of authority
- Ensuring that all invoices are properly supported
- Assisting with other accounting activities as required
- Responding to vendor and employee inquiries
- Working with cross functional teams
- Assisting with payment run and month end close
Requirements for the role
- Diploma in Accounting
- Theoretical understanding of Accounting concepts (for example: prepaids with amortization vs. expense)
- Experience using Excel and motivation to improve on that skill
- Ability to work independently
- Flexible and adaptable nature
- High standards with regards to processing quickly and accurately - attention to detail is key in this role
- Readiness to go the extra mile to avoid mistakes
- Experience with Netsuite and Coupa
We know that applying for a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We’re looking forward to reading your application. Please address your cover letter to Julie.
This posting will close on Thursday, July 9th 2020 at 5:00 PM EST
You can expect to hear back from us (regardless of outcome) within 3 weeks from when you applied.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Not what you’re looking for? Check out these similar roles.
|Payroll Supervisor||Legal and Finance||Americas|