Accounts Payable Supervisor
As Shopify continues to expand globally and the volume of our transactions increases, we’re looking to add an Accounts Payable Supervisor to our Finance team. Shopify is a fast-growing commerce company currently powering over 377,000 stores in 150 different countries. Merchants use our software to power their business across multiple sales channels, including web, tablet and mobile storefronts, through social media, and in their brick-and-mortar and pop-up shops.
To support our continued growth, we need a hands-on, detail-oriented person who is committed to getting shit done, and done on time!
You'll need to have:
- As a minimum, a college diploma in Accounting and a theoretical understanding of accounting concepts
- Minimum 5 years accounts payable experience
- Excellent Excel skills
- Experience using an established accounting ERP
- A flexible/adaptable working nature that will thrive in Shopify's fast paced environment
- The ability to work well under pressure and meet hard deadlines, while managing interruptions
- A readiness and flexibility to go the extra mile to produce high-quality and accurate work
It'll be great if you have experience in:
- Working on a Mac
- Working in a high tech and high-growth company
- Dealing with multiple currencies in an A/P setting
You'll be working on things like:
- Processing accounts payable invoices in our accounting system
- Reviewing expenses for accuracy and to ensure correct authorization levels for approvals
- Ensuring that transactions are in conformity with the company’s financial delegations of authority
- Ensuring SOX compliance in our financial transactions as a publicly listed company
- Building strong relationships with vendors
- Reviewing corporate credit card transactions and ensuring accurate documentation is kept
- Ensuring that all invoices are properly supported and payments to vendors are made on time
- Reviewing A/P Batches for accuracy
- Assisting the Accounting Manager with issuing monthly and annual financial statements
Here's how to apply:
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application, and tell us why you’re the right person for this role! Please address your cover letter to Julie.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Finance & Accounting jobs are posted.