Agile Business Analyst
As an Agile Business Analyst in Support within Shopify you will be a member of the Support Operations team that defines, build new systems, implement new tools and delivers new features and functionality to improve the overall work activities of our internal stakeholders. At the end of the day, our goal is to create products that promote productivity, quality and innovation across our teams.
You will be responsible for identifying, assessing, and documenting business requirements; recommending business priorities, and advising the business on options, risks, and costs. You will analyze the impact of proposed solutions holistically, develop use cases to explain/demonstrate business requirements/specifications to developers, builders and UI/UX teams, and contribute a business or process perspective during design reviews. You will be responsible for delivering various project related artifacts throughout the Software Development Lifecycle. You will assist, own and ensure that documented requirements and corresponding process flows can be easily translated into test plans and test cases, and ensure that the testing process covers all identified scenarios and use cases. You will triage defects and bugs related to assigned projects.
As an Agile Business Analyst, you will need to have:
- Customer advocacy attitude. Look at every problem and our solutions in the eyes of our customers, be it internal or external.
- Strong understanding of the complete software development life-cycle.
- Hands-on experience in product management and business analysis.
- Experience in coordinating with Business Relationship Managers, Project Managers, DevOps, and UI/UX teams.
- Practical knowledge of Agile/Scrum.
- Requirement gathering and heavy time management experience is critical.
- Work with key stakeholders such as Business Relationship Managers, Project Managers and Business Stakeholders to identify the solutions that meet their needs.
- Participate in gathering and analyzing of internal business requirements by means of interviews, workflow analyses and facilitated discussions with business users.
- Translate users' business requirements into detailed functional designs for development, testing and implementation.
- Collaborate with stakeholders on the evaluation of the feasibility, effort and costs to implement requirements.
- Define user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Identify and communicate risks and issues impacting business rules, functional requirements and specifications.
- Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straightforward solutions and ability to present recommended solutions to all levels of the organization.
- Participate in managing the scope of applications and related changes.
- Assist quality assurance with functional test case reviews.
- Provide direction for testing of new functionality.
- Participate in the creation of user manuals and training materials, and may assist with user orientation and training.
- May serves as a liaison between engineering, DevOps, UI/UX, Knowledge Management and other teams during the development and deployment process.
- Effectively resolve problems and roadblocks before they occur.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent experience in a related field.
- Must have 5+ years of technical Business Analysis experience within a SDLC, understanding of business modeling concepts and business application development.
- Have experience in Waterfall / Agile SDLC
- Understanding of Cloud technologies and its core components
- Experience performing detailed data analysis, including ability to create, run, and modify SQL queries.
- Have excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills
- Have the ability easily assimilate information and learn new applications and processes
- Advanced knowledge of process flow charting tools like Visio
- Have a solid ability to analyze complex system requirements and present findings to both internal and external stakeholders in a simple and comprehensible manner
- Have excellent writing skills, with solid experience in writing functional and technical specification documents and detailed user stories.
It'd be nice if you had:
- Experience with Machine Learning or Statistical data analysis.
- Experience with methodologies such as Unified Modeling Language ("UML") and Rational Unified Process ("RUP") and prepares detailed specifications using case statements and related documentation.
- Experience with worksheets /data sets, writing VLOOKUP formulas, manipulating data with PivotTables, and visually presenting results.
- Good understanding of the defect management and resolution process.
Please address your cover letter to Simon. Applications will be accepted until November 23rd.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Support jobs are posted.