About the role
At Shopify Plus we believe in making enterprise commerce simple. We give high growth, high volume merchants the scalability, reliability and flexibility they need to build their brands. Shopify Plus helps power commerce experiences for companies like Culture Kings, Youfoodz, Koala, HiSmile, Decjuba, JB Hi-Fi, and many more. We are in hyper-growth, building the tools and experiences for today’s leading brands. A group we call the ‘New Enterprise’.
As a Merchant Solutions Engineer you will help break down technical barriers to enable and assist our Merchant Success team to show high growth, high volume merchants how they can accelerate the growth of their business with Shopify Plus. You will also have the opportunity to engage directly with our merchants, in particular their technical teams to have high level ‘solutions-focused’ discussions around the Shopify platform, their tech stack and their businesses overall goals.
You’ll help our merchants, their tech and development teams and by extension their partners solve complex problems and provide guidance on best practice implementation on the Shopify platform (and ecosystem). You’ll get to work closely with many teams at Shopify to build your in-depth knowledge of the platform and our ecosystem of partners, integrations and solutions providers.
This is a remote, regional role with the expectation to travel occasionally for on-site visits with our merchants.
You'll need to have:
- Development experience. You’ll be speaking often with developers and tech teams and need to be able to speak their language. (HTML, Liquid, Ruby, JS etc.)
- Deep API knowledge. Plus merchants often want to create custom apps; it's your job to let them know what's possible, where to start, and what the best path to implementation is.
- A ‘solutions mindset’. Our largest and most complex merchants like to push the boundaries of commerce and will often custom build solutions within their architecture to help them get there.
- 2+ years of client & relationship management, or relevant industry experience.
- Knowledge of the ecommerce ecosystem; there are many moving parts and you need to understand how they all integrate and fit together.
- Understanding of ecommerce best practices, industry trends, tech vendors, integrations, systems architecture etc.
- Experience supporting a wide variety of merchant sizes, industries, verticals and business types.
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills to support a wide portfolio of merchants with multiple asks coming through at the same time, and the ability to re-prioritise on an ongoing basis.
It would be great if you also have:
- A minimum of 2 years working in the ecommerce space.
- Have previously built out and advised on complex technical solutions & integrations for ecommerce brands.
- Strong knowledge of the Shopify API (REST and GraphQL).
- Experience running your own business or building your own app. You know what it means to be an entrepreneur and can share your learnings with our merchants.
- A commercial mindset - you are able to look past the pure technical implementation to understand the broader business and commercial application.
- The ability to thrive on change. We evolve at a rapid pace and things change quickly, sometimes even daily!
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Jessie is looking forward to reading your application. This posting will close on Friday 03 July at 5pm AEST.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.