About the role
Shopify is built by outstanding people. Our goal is to constantly find the best talent to better the teams at Shopify and help us make commerce better for everyone. The Talent Acquisition team is involved in designing high-impact teams by partnering with our business at every stage of the hiring process. We believe in creative and innovative approaches to candidate engagement, while never losing sight of our deep care for candidate experience, diversity and inclusion.
We are looking for an experienced recruitment leader to build and expand our presence in Asia and ANZ across multiple disciplines and business lines. The successful candidate for this role will be passionate about people and curious about how they thrive and grow in their workplace, their careers and their lives.
As a coach, mentor and leader, you care about the development goals of the people who choose to join your team and you are willing and able to listen and learn. You are data-informed and have the ability to forecast future needs in collaboration with partners in HR and business leaders to plan for near and long term growth. In this role, you will make a huge impact on growing our employee base for Shopify as you work to define and grow our employer brand.
You will need to have:
- Experience building and expanding the recruitment function of a fast-changing company while leading a high-performing talent acquisition team.
- Experience helping the talent acquisition team build a long term vision and strategy for growth in Asia and ANZ while owning the recruitment for certain roles
- Led hiring for a company expanding across multiple new markets and locations across Asia and ANZ
- Experience working for a North American head quartered company an asset
- A strong interest in technology and entrepreneurship. Ideally you’ve recruited for technical roles in the past
- Collaboration, communication and listening skills. You are hungry for context and information
- You have played a direct role in community-building
- The ability to excel working with a high degree of autonomy
- Experience creating relationships with stakeholders across different teams and timezones and cultures
Experience comes in many different forms. At Shopify, it's not about years of experience, it's about the quality of experience and innovative thinking you bring to the role.
This posting will remain open until the role is filled.
Should you have any additional questions feel free to connect with Janeffer Gangji.