Application Security Engineer - Mobile Apps
Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto
Shopify employees make commerce better for our 500,000K+ merchants every day. This includes ensuring every aspect of Shopify is secure, from storefront to the Admin panel to our mobile applications. Business happens wherever our merchants happen to be - folks no longer find themselves tethered to any particular medium and all our applications require the same level of care.
If you're an Application Security Engineer with a particular interest in the mobile side of things OR a mobile developer who is constantly seeking ways to make your code more secure, we'd love to hear from you! There's a huge diversity of work to be done on the team, from helping identify and respond to application vulnerabilities to developing tools to integrate security into our mobile development process.
Requirements for the role:
- Experience performing security analysis of mobile applications (Android, iOS)
- Thorough knowledge of security issues affecting mobile and web applications
- Interest in creative ways to include security in the software development process
- Web application development, especially Ruby on Rails
- Contributing to open source security projects
- Bug bounty programs such as the Shopify Whitehat program (https://hackerone.com/shopify)
You’ll be working on things like:
- Performing security audits of internally-developed apps
- Responding to vulnerabilities disclosed through our Whitehat program
- Providing security advice to our Retail product teams
- Developing tools to help scale the security assessment process
We understand that applying for roles can be an arduous process and truly value your time. Francois is looking forward to reading your application.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your background is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying, even if you aren’t able to check every box above. We are dedicated to diversity and providing an inclusive workplace for all and especially encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Trust & Security jobs are posted.