Application Security Engineer - Mobile
Shopify employees make commerce better for our merchants every day. This includes ensuring every aspect of Shopify is secure, from storefront to the Admin panel to our mobile applications. We are looking for an application security engineer specializing in mobile who will help identify and respond to application vulnerabilities and develop tools to integrate security into our mobile development process.
You’ll need to have:
- Experience performing security analysis of mobile applications (Android, iOS)
- Thorough knowledge of security issues affecting mobile and web applications
- Interest in creative ways to include security in the software development process
It’d be great if you have experience with:
- Web application development, especially Ruby on Rails
- Contributing to open source security projects
- Bug bounty programs such as the Shopify Whitehat program (https://hackerone.com/shopify)
You’ll be working on things like:
- Performing security audits of internally-developed apps
- Responding to vulnerabilities disclosed through our Whitehat program
- Providing security advice to our Retail product teams
- Developing tools to help scale the security assessment process
Here's how to apply:
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. Please address your cover letter to Francois.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your background is thisclose to what we’re looking for, please consider applying, even if you aren’t able to check every box above. We are dedicated to diversity and providing an inclusive workplace for all and especially encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Security jobs are posted.