AV Infrastructure Lead
With over 200 meeting spaces in multiple offices, we are searching for a AV Infrastructure Lead to join our Technical Infrastructure team.
Do you know how to get the best acoustics out of a space? Can you tell a Supercardioid mic from a Hypercardioid mic? Do you know Crestron systems inside out? Do you get excited about experimenting with new technology and have a passion for ensuring the best possible end user experience? Have you lead a team supporting AV infrastructure?
If you are someone who enjoys gaining a deep understanding of both technical and regulatory systems and finding creative solutions that work for both, then please consider joining us. You will be in charge of the team that ensures 2000+ employees can reliably connect and collaborate with each other in order to make commerce better for everyone.
Passion and curiosity go a long way. Even if you aren’t able to check every box below, please still consider applying. We are dedicated to building a diverse team and providing an inclusive workplace for all. We especially encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply.
As a Lead, you'll focus on:
- Building Shopify Infrastructure:
- Work on planning, resourcing, and executing projects
- Help your team define their roadmap and how you’ll get there
- Help your team make decisions
- Be a subject matter expert in your domain
- Shape, advocate for and maintain the next generation of AV at Shopify
- Supporting and developing your direct reports:
- Mentor and create growth opportunities
- Grow your own and your team’s expertise in their craft
- Help your team own the challenges they are facing and guide them towards impactful and creative solutions —are they engaged, resourceful, thinking about long-term impact?
- Supporting and building Shopify’s Infrastructure:
- Collaborate with other leads on the Technical Infrastructure team.
- Sharing knowledge with others and learning from them
- Creating documentation on setup and configuration of AV systems.
You'll need to have:
- Extensive experience leading AV specialists (including Crestron developers) preferably as part of ongoing support and maintenance.
- Experience assessing and defining system specifications preferably in relation meeting rooms and event space.
- The ability to identify new technology that will benefit end users, and create compelling messaging for deployment.
- Knowledge of and extensive experience with Google Meet, Zoom and other Videoconferencing tools.
It'd be great if you have:
- Experience defining best practices for AV in a fast-moving technical organization
- Experience managing a ticketing system for helpdesk requests
- Experience working with external vendors
- Crestron programming experience
Projects you could be working on:
- Researching new videoconferencing tools and systems
- Working with the Infrastructure team to plan and deploy new offices
- Retrofitting satellite offices with new technology
- Troubleshooting meeting rooms and equipment
- Deploying a new ticketing system to address meeting room issues
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Internal Operations jobs are posted.