About the role
Shopify is a leading cloud-based, multi-channel commerce platform that empowers entrepreneurs all around the world to build and grow their businesses. Our engineering teams are building at scale and shaping the future of commerce.
The Stockholm team is working on a stealth new project and we’re looking for dedicated and versatile software developers with a passion for solving tough problems with performant code.
We’re small but mighty team of 50 people from diverse backgrounds and experience and talents across 3 offices - Montreal and Toronto, Canada and Stockholm. What we love about this project is we all get to be founding members of something that will make a huge impact in the world. If you’re curious, keep reading.
At Shopify, you’ll have the creative freedom to make a real difference, the support to bring your whole self to work, and the chance to work with the best in the business. To learn more about Shopify's engineering teams, check out our blog and the ways we've contributed to the open source community.
- Building backend web services using several languages and frameworks (some tools we use include Ruby, UNIX commands, Go, Kafka, Python)
- Strong foundation in OO principles and fluency in at least one OO language
- Comfortable with relational databases and SQL (we mostly use MySQL)
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, or the desire to learn it quickly
- A mindset for long-term solutions
- A love of your craft and a curiosity and passion to constantly learn new things
Nice to have but not essential
- Experience with web development (we mostly use React)
- Experience with GraphQL
- A history of contributing to the developer community through code, documentation, mentoring, teaching, speaking, or organizing
- A passion for helping growing development teams and making others better
We're eager to hear from you and talk to you about the opportunities in Stockholm. Please feel write a short email to Danée letting her know a little bit about yourself, what you've been working on and why you're interested in Shopify.
Applications are open until 17:00CET on 25 October, 2019
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.