About the role
Our team will review applications on a first-come basis and will provide an update on your application (no matter the outcome) within a few weeks of your application being submitted. This posting will remain open until we've received enough applications to fulfill our available openings.
Sprichst du Deutsch? Wir suchen nach der richtigen Person, um unseren wachsenden Kundenstamm deutschsprachiger Händler zu unterstützen. :) Dein Arbeitstag besteht aus zwei Hauptaufgaben: Du beantwortest E-Mails und Chat-Anfragen auf Deutsch und arbeitest auf Englisch mit deinem Team an der Lösung von Problemen. Hast du Interesse? Lies weiter, um mehr Informationen zu erhalten!
Do you speak both English and German? We are looking for the right person to support our growing customer base of German speaking entrepreneurs. :) Your time will be split between answering phones, emails and chats in German and working to solve problems in English within the internal Shopify teams. Interested? Read on for more info!
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about this role! Please note that we are looking for applications from those who currently reside within Lithuania.
Our Bilingual Customer Service Specialists will help support our ever growing and diverse merchant (users of Shopify) base. Our merchants have amazing stories filled with highs and lows, frustrations, and triumphs. It is in these moments and many in between that you would make an impact.
As a Bilingual Customer Service Specialist you’ll work remotely for a fast-growing global tech company from the comfort of home with your only commute being the one to your computer. You will have the super exciting opportunity to help grow, shape and work within a newly developed team based in Lithuania, all while being connected to tenured and super supportive colleagues cross regionally.
In the role you can expect to be challenged and learn every day as you dig in and problem solve with merchants by listening deeply, actively teaching and exploring growth opportunities with the merchants. As part of that growth, you’ll be there to connect merchants with potential new features or plans to ensure they get the most out of the Shopify platform.
Following 4 weeks of paid training you will transition into your new team and -- with the support from a tenured team member -- start guiding merchants towards solutions to their problems. Shifts are 8 hours in length and are on a rotating schedule that include a combination of weekdays, weekends and holidays. This is a permanent full time role - 40 hours a week with no part time options being available. We offer paid holiday, paid sick days and a comprehensive compensation package with health benefits and other perks.
If you’re up for the challenge and enjoy working in an inclusive, human centred, fast-paced high-pressure environment, we encourage you to apply and take part in our hiring process!
As we aim to provide you with as much information about the role early in the process so that you know what to expect throughout, more details will be included in the next step of the process should you be selected to move forward.
Even if you’ve never held a similar position but you’re interested so far and relate to the things we’ve outlined below, we want to hear from you!
- Live and have legal authorization to work in Lithuania.
- Be bilingual in German language as well as English, able to provide verbal and written support in both languages.
- Have appropriate remote work set-up - such as quiet space, stable internet connection, and a back-up location in case of issues with the primary location.
- Have access to a wired internet speed of at least 25 Mbps download speed and 10 Mbps upload. You can check your speed here.
- Be prepared to work full-time hours on a rotating schedule (including weekends and holidays).
- Thrive in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
- Proven track record of being incredibly resourceful and finding solutions even when there is no clear path.
- Be proficient with technology.
- Have strong reading, writing and communication skills.
- Willingness to learn all about entrepreneurship, care deeply about supporting people and enjoy having genuine human conversations.
- Possess a high level of understanding, patience and empathy. Able to navigate more difficult conversations/interactions with professionalism.
- Are committed to continuous growth and learning. You understand that every challenge is an opportunity and you get excited about learning new things.
- Ensure privacy and security practices are followed at all times for both merchants and Shopify.
- Adhere to a daily schedule.
- Ensuring merchants have a quick response time by staying on top of your assigned tickets.
- Act as a business coach and think about the merchants business holistically when offering solutions.
- Complete essential follow-up documentation after each interaction.
- Engaging in human conversations with merchants to identify and resolve issues, and provide coaching/growth opportunities for their businesses.
- Offer needs-based solutions, not pushy sales.
- Advocating for merchants and the Shopify platform by communicating with stakeholders.
- Owning your own development through reflection, reviewing past interactions and preparing to discuss growth opportunities with your lead in regular 1:1 meetings.
- A background in account management (extra bonus it's been enterprise level accounts), marketing, retail, and/or sales.
- Ran or had exposure to running a business or being an entrepreneur.
- Call-centre, customer service, inventory management, and/or exposure to running a business or being an entrepreneur.
- Troubleshooting or involvement with Point of Sale hardware.
Please use the “Message to Hiring Manager” section of this application to answer the following in English:
- Do you have any experience working within retail, marketing, enterprise level account management and/or marketing? If so, we’d love to hear more about what you worked on and your experience.
- If you have retail experience or experience working with enterprise level accounts OR if you have a preference for the area you'd like to support, please let us know. If you aren't sure, we'll place you in an appropriate position based on your experience.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our 2019 Sustainability Report to learn more about Shopify's commitments.
Please note that if you haven’t heard from us within 4 weeks, we recommend checking your junk folder and whitelisting “Shopify” as, at times, our emails have ended up in junk folders.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is thisclose to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.