Business Development and Strategy Lead, Payments
The Shopify Commercial Payments Team is focused on various aspects of business management across the payments organization. Internally, we are a stakeholder, influencer, and collaborator to the growth and expansion of the global payments platform. Externally, we focus on strategic payments partnerships around the world. Our objective is to ensure we are helping build and operationalize the best payments experience for merchants on Shopify.
We’re looking for someone who can hit the ground running. You will contribute to the key strategic initiatives from narrative to execution. At the tactical level, you should be able to deliver qualitative and data driven analysis, propose solutions, and manage overall projects. To be successful you must be a quick learner, strategic thinker, team leader, problem solver, and have an entrepreneurial spirit. This role is heavily cross-functional and ideal for someone who enjoys defining and building new businesses by getting deeply involved in tactics and execution.
You'll be working on:
- Defining and developing analytical frameworks to gain deep and holistic understanding of products and services which will drive merchant performance, adoption, engagement, and growth;
- Build and develop strategic partnerships
- Executing strategic projects beyond the idea / narrative phase;
- Building cross-functional relationships to ensure we are bringing all facets of the commerce platform into consideration as we expand the ecosystem;
You'll need to have:
- 5+ leading business development and partnership relationships
- 3+ years of Fintech or related payments experience;
- High growth and/or start up experience preferred;
- A strong bias towards action, collaboration, and simplification;
- An explorer mindset with a self-starter attitude and ability to adapt to a fast moving environment;
- Exceptional analytics & data management skills;
- Strong project management skills.
If you are are interested in helping us shape the future of E-Commerce at Shopify, click the “Apply Now” button to submit your application. Please address your application to Janeffer by October 17th, 2017.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Partnerships jobs are posted.