Business Development Representative for Spain
- Madrid, Spain
- Sales and Account Management
Opportunity is not evenly distributed. Shopify puts independence within reach for anyone with a dream to start a business. Since 2006, we’ve grown to over 10,000 employees and generated over $496 billion in sales for millions of merchants in 175 countries. Every 28 seconds, an entrepreneur on Shopify makes their first sale.
This is life-defining work that directly impacts people’s lives as much as it transforms your own. This is putting the power of the few in the hands of the many, is a future with more voices rather than fewer, and is creating more choices instead of an elite option.
Moving at our pace brings a lot of change, complexity, and ambiguity—and a little bit of chaos. Shopifolk thrive on that and are comfortable being uncomfortable. That means Shopify is not the right place for everyone.
- Care deeply about what you do and about making commerce better for everyone
- Excel by seeking professional and personal hypergrowth
- Keep up with an unrelenting pace (the week, not the quarter)
- Be resilient and resourceful in face of ambiguity and thrive on (rather than endure) change
- Bring critical thought and opinion
- Embrace differences and disagreement to get shit done and move forward
- Work digital-first for your daily work
About the role
Shopify is looking for a quick-thinking, vibrant and naturally curious individual to join our EMEA Outbound Team as a Business Development Representative for the Spain market. In this role, you generate new sales opportunities and add qualified leads to the sales funnel. As a BDR you are responsible for prospecting including cold outreach via phone, email and text , following up, and passing on qualified leads to the Sales Team who will convert them into new customers. You will also be responsible for keeping up-to-date with new commerce trends and developing an understanding of our product offerings to help more merchants grow on Shopify.
At Shopify, there is a unique opportunity for high-impact sales professionals to build a career with a company that will continually provide opportunities for growth. You will be the merchant’s dedicated point of contact during the qualification period and your work will make a direct impact on our goals to make commerce better for everyone.
In this role, you will:
- Meet or exceed assigned daily activity minimums to fulfil quarterly expectations
- Merchant facing; generate leads and conduct pre-qualified calls with prospective merchants
- Schedule discovery calls for Shopify Account Executives
- Maintain active engagement with new and existing leads through CRM, Salesforce and Salesloft
- Generate interest in the Shopify platform
- Create a positive and valuable first impression to merchants by providing an unrivalled merchant experience
- Contribute to building culture and upholding Shopify values
- Liaising with your peers across the world in other markets to refine processes and consistently evolve the scope of the role
- Working with your lead to up-skill in areas of professional and personal development including special personal projects to assist and impact the Revenue Acceleration team
- Building your Shopify platform knowledge - a platform expert!
- Outbound prospecting experience - generate new business pipeline through cold calling and emailing
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate Shopify’s value proposition and handle objections
- Fluent communication skills in Spanish and English
- Build key relationships and collaborate with Shopify Account Executives on their respective territory accounts through account research, strategy, and outreach
- An understanding of customer needs and to meet those individual needs with proper introductions to our Shopify Account Executives
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- High professionalism; Be a self-motivated, driven and positive individual
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and adapt to change
- Strong process improvement skills to help develop the role as things change with the business
- Nice to have: CRM, Salesforce, Salesloft, ZoomInfo, LinkedIn Sales Navigator
Language requirement: Spanish and English; fluency in additional languages is a big plus.
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
The shape of a Shopify career
Ben joined Shopify as a frontline Support Advisor with no background in programming or computer science. He’s now a Director of Engineering. Spanning 10 jobs on 7 teams in 9 years, Ben’s Shopify career path has twisted and turned as he’s worked relentlessly to pursue a career as an engineer and adapted to the pace of change—all fuelled by personal and professional hypergrowth.
Ben’s growth trajectory
- A support advisor for 2 years
- Studied dev skills. Learnt about our API. Became first API support person. Found bugs to fix.
- Eventually became a software dev
- Helped launch first finance product for merchants
- Became senior dev and launched new support contact centre
- Led a team as a dev manager
- Scaled a team from 4 to 60+ as a senior dev manager
- Became Director for Support and CX Engineering