Business Support Lead
Shopify is a fast-growing commerce company currently powering over 500,000 stores in more than 175 different countries. Merchants use our software to power their business across multiple sales channels, including web, tablet and mobile storefronts, through social media and marketplaces, and in their brick-and-mortar and pop-up shops. As Shopify continues to expand globally and the volume of our transactions increases, we’re looking to add a Business Support Lead to our finance team. This person will be dedicated to owning the development and monitoring of key business and operational metrics at Shopify.
You will need to have:
- An MBA or a professional accounting designation (CA, CMA, CGA, CPA or CFA)
- Extensive experience working in a fast-paced environment
- A solid understanding of financial modelling concepts
- Extensive experience in Excel, creating financial and operational models from scratch and translating them to non-financial lingo
- The ability to thrive on ambiguity and autonomy and to take ownership to find solutions while optimizing business opportunities and risks
- Experience analyzing data using SQL, Tableau, Cognos or other visual tools
- A proven ability of both building detailed, ground up frameworks as well as “seeing the forest through the trees”
- A willingness to get your hands dirty and help out where needed
- The ability to multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines, and thrive in a fast-moving, sometimes chaotic work environment
- An extremely detail oriented nature with a passion for problem solving
- A passion for relationship building and understanding business needs
You will be working on things like:
- Collaborating with different team leads to help business units better understand their metrics and financial implications
- Bridging Finance into the rest of the business, including R&D, support, data and marketing
- Partnering with functional business leads to forge go-to market strategies, prioritize new market entries and optimize existing channels
- Developing KPIs and financial insights with business leads to align resource allocation with Shopify's strategic priorities
- Building financial models for business growth and new product evaluation
- Forward-thinking special projects
Here's how to apply:
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application! Please address your cover letter to Julie.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Finance & Accounting jobs are posted.