About the role
At Shopify, our business operations run in the cloud and we have a diverse landscape of SaaS based applications and custom developed applications. As the business grows, we need to scale our operations quickly. We are constantly rethinking our business systems to get more efficient. Building and constantly evolving the integration of our business systems is an essential part of scaling our business, generating leverage and getting more efficient at operating the business. As a Business Systems Integration Developer you’ll be part of a team that is focused on making Business Systems better for everyone at Shopify.
Requirements for the role (OR relevant experience for the role):
- You love systems integration and everything that comes with it. You hook up applications like Slack and Workday for fun!
- You are curious about business operations. You get excited about automating mundane work.
- You have extensive experience with integration platforms and tooling such as Mulesoft, Snaplogic, Informatica or TIBCO.
- You have experience or knowledge of developing, publishing and managing internal APIs.
- You understand common business workflows and processes. You have public company experience and appreciate the importance of internal controls.
- You have a passion for architecture and strong opinions on system integration design.
- You are a great listener and know how to manage expectations.
- You stay cool under pressure and look for ways to support your teammates.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working on the design, build and test of system integrations between our business systems.
- Implementing ongoing QA and monitoring processes to ensure reliability of data and related processes.
- Supporting the ongoing maintenance of integrations.
- Keeping up to date on new developments and technology in the integration domain.
- As a subject matter expert, participating in the selection of new software and integration tools.
Tools of our trade:
- Is some of this tech new to you? That’s OK! We know not everyone will come in fully familiar with this stack, and we provide support to learn on the job.
- Enterprise SaaS products such as Workday, Netsuite and Salesforce
- iPaaS tools
- API Management tools
- Google Cloud Platform
- Amazon Web Services
- Git / Github
- Anything else you might need to be most effective!
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Charles is looking forward to reading your application.
This posting will be closed on Friday, November 15 at 12pm EDT.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
|Director of Security Engineering||Trust and Security||Ottawa, Canada|