About the role
Shopify has redefined commerce, raising the standard for how businesses of all sizes operate, market, and sell their products and services. With over 1,000,000 merchants in more than 175 different countries, powered by the most innovative platform on the market, we continue to grow rapidly while constantly looking for new ways to impact and disrupt worldwide commerce.
Our goal is to help Shopify’s merchants offer the best shipping and delivery experience to their customers at all points of the shopping journey. Think delivery promises, label purchasing, routing orders and pick/pack, fulfillment and shipping. This product line has the capacity to support every one of our million + merchants, from the beginning entrepreneur who’s taking their first steps towards financial freedom to massive multinationals.
About the Role
The Account Manager is a key member of the Commercial team and supports both Shopify Shipping and the Shopify Fulfillment Network. Externally, you will be building great relationships with vendors and partners in order to help deliver to our strategic road map. You’ll also have the opportunity to identify and drive your own projects/initiatives. Internally, you’ll be working cross functionally with support, product, operations, finance and marketing team to create a winning experience for our merchants and our partners.
We’re looking for a person with a strong track record in partner or client management, preferably in the shipping, fulfillment or logistics space. Experience working with carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL, USPS, Canada Post and/or a deep understanding of the shipping ecosystem would be terrific, but what’s more important is a passion for engaging and developing relationships and driving mutually beneficial business outcomes.
You'll be responsible for things like:
- Working with cross functional teams to continually align and deliver on our partner roadmap.
- Communicate and develop relationships within partner organizations from the C-suite down to the day to day operators
- Supporting the strategic objectives and results by driving and creating content for Quarterly Reviews with partners
- Thinking strategically about product feature enhancements, integrations and merchant pain-points which can generate projects with Partners to drive even more value
- Serving as an evangelist of the merchant shipping journey both inside Shopify and externally
- Identifying and assessing potential commercial opportunities with new and existing partners
It'd be great if you had:
- Multiple years experience working in customer service or account management in the shipping, fulfillment (3PL), tech, retail, commerce, or payments industry
- A history of building dynamic relationships with partners - from the Csuite down to the day to day operators
- Experience understanding the perspective of the merchants and understanding how to translate those needs into a scalable solutions which work for partners and Shopify - not just today but over time
- Laser-sharp decision making abilities which consider the downstream cross functional business and financial impacts to Shopify, partners and merchants
- Experience with eCommerce shipping and fulfillment market/industry
- Experience making things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- An obsession with customer success, data and metrics
- An entrepreneurial nature
That’s it! We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Greg, a recruiter on our team, is looking forward to reading your application.
This posting will close on Friday, February 21st at 2pm EDT.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
|Director of Fraud Risk and Recovery||Business Operations||Ottawa, Toronto|