Commercial Payments Business Analyst
The Shopify Commercial Payments Team is focused on various aspects of business management across the payments organization. Internally, we are a stakeholder, influencer, and collaborator to the growth and expansion of the global payments platform. Externally, we focus on strategic payments partnerships around the world. Our objective is to ensure we are helping build and operationalize the best payments experience for merchants on Shopify.
We’re looking for someone to deliver on tactical, operational, and strategic initiatives.
You’ll hit the ground running on high impact objectives with exposure to various team across Shopify. You will be asked to wear many hats; your business process and project management skills will be put to task; you’ll need to brush up on data modelling and financial analysis; you should be ready for strategic partner conversations with the ability to effectively communicate change; and you must be focused.
You'll be working on:
- Cross functional initiatives with the Product, Development, Marketing, Operations, Finance, and Legal teams;
- Data analyses to support adoption, conversion, and expansion of the Shopify payments platform to our merchants;
- Developing and monitoring key performance indicators as well as assessing trends;
- Managing new and existing payment partner relationships.
You'll need to have:
- 3-5 years of experience in an analytical role in technology, payments, investment banking, and/or financial services;
- Project management experience and, in particular, driving small to medium sized projects;
- Strong analytical skills with excellent problem solving abilities;
- Strong communication, negotiation and conflict resolution skills as well as evidence of ability to promote and maintain interpersonal relationships and strategic partnerships;
- Ability to work in fast paced, unstructured environment.
Click Apply and fill in your information below. Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Partnerships jobs are posted.