Computer Science Program Developer 💻 📚
The Computing Education team at Shopify is on a mission to improve how computational literacy is taught in Canada 🇨🇦 We want to connect computer science to the real world because technology is everywhere. We believe computational thinking opens doors, provides useful skills, and helps solve real, complex problems that impact the world 🌎 We’re aiming to increase the diversity of those who learn and engage with computer science. CS education should be accessible to everyone!
What we're looking for:
- Are you passionate about Computer Science & Computational Literacy?
- Are you passionate about teaching others Computer Science?
- Are you eager to share this passion? 🎉
- We’re looking for someone at the cross-section of computing/software development and education to join our External Education team, whose mission is to make learning computer science and computational thinking better for everyone
- Someone with experience teaching Computer Science at the High School or University level
What you could be doing:
- Contributing to our new full-stack education initiative, the Carleton Shopify Bachelor of Computer Science Partnership, as well as other projects in computing outreach and diversity.
- Mentoring students in the BCS partnership, helping ensure they succeed in the program.
- Developing competencies connecting workplace practice with theory, including curating learning resources and developing active learning workshops.
- Designing assessments and evaluating students’ mastery of competencies.
- Creating and identifying learning opportunities that link industry experience to their textbook learning.
How to Apply📄 ➡️ 📬
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of education at Shopify, click the “Apply Now” button to submit your application. Please address your application to Adrian. We will be screening all application after April 1st and at that point will be contacting potential candidates for an initial interview.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Engineering jobs are posted.