Malcolm Gladwell, author of The Tipping Point, identifies three types of people - Connectors, Mavens, and Salesmen - each possessing a particular and rare set of social gifts. Connectors, like a computer network hub, bring people together and link us to the world. Mavens are information specialists - they love to ask questions and share the answers.
As a Connector/Maven, you will join a team focused on networking and being a conduit between Support and Product at Shopify. Your aim is to bring the merchant’s voice to Shopify’s product and ultimately reduce the effort between merchants and success in their business. You’ll learn about merchant pain points, gather merchant and support feedback and test new features.
You’ll need to have:
- A dedication to building relationships and stellar communication skills.
- A background or interest in data, UX research, and/or product.
- Willingness to challenge the status quo and advocate for merchants.
- Experience managing a project with different stakeholders.
- The ability to deeply empathize and see all perspectives.
- A constant hunger for learning and growth.
It’d be great if you have:
- Experience working with data and identifying insights.
- Experience in programming and/or design.
- Copywriting experience and/or very strong writing skills.
- Experience in customer service or support.
- A working knowledge of emerging markets.
You'll be working on:
- Connecting the needs and concerns of merchants with our product team.
- Quantifying and helping prove the value of the team and the impact it has at Shopify.
- Being a knowledge management champion for all stakeholders.
- Analyzing support tickets to gain insights on the wants needs of merchants.
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. Although we don’t expect a cover letter, if you feel the need to write one - please address it to Tyler. All applications must be submitted in full, on or before, June 25th, 2017.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your background is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying, even if you aren’t able to check every box above. We are dedicated to diversity and providing an inclusive workplace for all and especially encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply.
Shopify is a commerce platform that helps merchants sell online, in-person, and everywhere in between. We have offices in Ottawa, Toronto, Montreal, Waterloo, San Francisco and remote employees all over the world. The best part about working at Shopify? The freedom to be you. We value authenticity, openness, and diversity in everything we do. You’ll also get to learn and grow with the best in the business. We want you to do the best work of your career, and we’ll give you everything you need to make it happen.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Support jobs are posted.