Content Manager, Bilingual German
- London, United Kingdom
- Marketing and Growth
Opportunity is not evenly distributed. Shopify puts independence within reach for anyone with a dream to start a business. We propel entrepreneurs and enterprises to scale the heights of their potential. Since 2006, we’ve grown to 10,000 employees and generated over $496 billion in sales for millions of merchants in 175 countries.
This is life-defining work that directly impacts people’s lives as much as it transforms your own. This is putting the power of the few in the hands of the many, is a future with more voices rather than fewer, and is creating more choices instead of an elite option.
Moving at our pace brings a lot of change, complexity, and ambiguity—and a little bit of chaos. Shopifolk thrive on that and are comfortable being uncomfortable. That means Shopify is not the right place for everyone.
- Care deeply about what you do and about making commerce better for everyone
- Excel by seeking professional and personal hypergrowth
- Keep up with an unrelenting pace (the week, not the quarter)
- Be resilient and resourceful in face of ambiguity and thrive on (rather than endure) change
- Bring critical thought and opinion
- Embrace differences and disagreement to get shit done and move forward
- Work digital-first for your daily work
About the role
We are looking for a Content Manager to accelerate the performance of our content programs and channels. This role will work to drive improvements to help more entrepreneurs across the region discover how Shopify is right for them.
This role sits at the intersection of content and regional marketing. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with an international marketing background. They have experience working closely with cross-functional partners and agencies on content programs that drive tangible business impact.
You’ll be doing things like:
- Develop and implement a content strategy, with a focus on the German and French market
- Work with agencies to produce content for a variety of channels and formats, including blog, ebooks, email, video
- Collaborate with regional marketing teams to ensure content is aligned with our brand voice and supports the overall company goals and initiatives
- Collaborate with SEO and external agencies to ensure content is optimized and prioritized effectively
- Monitor and analyze the performance of content to inform future strategy and initiatives
- Based in the UK
- Native fluency and excellent written and verbal communication skills in German
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Experience in content strategy, marketing, management
- Experience working with marketing agencies
- Highly organized and detail oriented, able to manage multiple projects at once
- Strong collaboration skills with both internal and external teams
Bonus if you have:
- Experience in reaching and engaging entrepreneurship audiences
- SaaS business experience
- Experience in Content Writing/Editing, Localization
- Experience with Shopify as a product and/or Shopify merchants
- Salesforce, Google Analytics, SEO tools experience
The shape of a Shopify career
Ben joined Shopify as a frontline Support Advisor with no background in programming or computer science. He’s now a Director of Engineering. Spanning 10 jobs on 7 teams in 9 years, Ben’s Shopify career path has twisted and turned as he’s worked relentlessly to pursue a career as an engineer and adapted to the pace of change—all fuelled by personal and professional hypergrowth.
Ben’s growth trajectory
- A support advisor for 2 years
- Studied dev skills. Learnt about our API. Became first API support person. Found bugs to fix.
- Eventually became a software dev
- Helped launch first finance product for merchants
- Became senior dev and launched new support contact centre
- Led a team as a dev manager
- Scaled a team from 4 to 60+ as a senior dev manager
- Became Director for Support and CX Engineering