About the role
As the Content Marketing Lead for US East Marketing, your job is closely connected to communications, public relations, and marketing to create hyper local experiences to educate and connect small business merchants across a variety of groups. You are responsible for working with various teams across Shopify, including Corporate Brand and Communications, Global Marketing (Content, Demand Gen, Brand), and of course, the local US East Marketing team to connect the corporate pillars of communication to the local content and campaign pillars for US East and our key markets. You will play a pivotal role in defining how Shopify should approach content marketing strategy and execution, consistently raising the bar and redefining the status quo in B2B marketing.
You will lead and execute on the creation and publication of content as it relates to reaching our local audiences across multiple markets including Atlanta, New York City, Philadelphia, Miami and others, as well as having a US-wide voice. This means you are experienced in coming up with ideas in various formats and directly executing in these formats, including webinars, podcasts, long- and short-form written word, as well as ad and newsletter copy. You will also work closely with the aforementioned Shopify teams to leverage existing, global content where relevant, in addition to creating hyper-localized, community-centric content.
In this role, you are comfortable with internet culture and social networks, you are able to analyze trends and take inspiration from them to create an editorial schedule, managing it, and pivoting where necessary. The role requires creativity to take the lead on content creation in addition to managing the strategy.
- Deliver an effective content marketing strategy and editorial plan to meet the business objectives
Work cross-functionally within US East Marketing, alongside Integrated Marketers, and Community Managers to present ideas and new concepts
Measurement, reporting, and optimizing the program on a regular and ongoing basis
Develop and manage the editorial calendar and organization workflows with US East Marketing, Global Content Marketing, and Corporate Brand & Comms
Manage and sometimes execute on the production of articles, videos, newsletters, and photo shoots, all the while ensuring that this content is high quality and reflects the Shopify brand image effectively, in both form and substance
Manage all creative resources including freelancers, designers, writers, and other agency personnel
- Expertise across multiple formats of content including webinars, long- and short-form blog content, podcasts, ad copy, email newsletters copy and content strategy, social panels
- Ruthlessly collaborative and can be a unifier across the US East Marketing Team, as well as other marketing groups in Shopify
- Experience presenting concepts and programs to Global, Corporate, and Executive teams
- Not afraid to fail, and not afraid to pivot when needed
- Expert level understanding of how to use persuasive storytelling to educate, engage, and convert through written and media-based content. A (near) perfect mastery of language is necessary to produce quality content and safeguard Shopify’s image
- Understanding of the basic best practices of the main social media channels, which content and approaches work on each and why
- An analytical and creative approach to work and problem solving
- The ability to seamlessly move between seeing the vision and building the strategy, having to own the details, and execute initiatives with minimal direction
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We are looking forward to reading your application. This posting will close on March 2nd 2021, 12am EST.
Not what you’re looking for? Check out these similar roles.
|Integrated Marketing Manager, Creators & Influencers||Marketing and Communications||Americas|
|Product Marketing (Multiple Roles)||Marketing and Communications||Americas|
|Acquisition Marketing Manager, US West||Marketing and Communications||
|Market Research Manager||Marketing and Communications||Americas|
|Merchant Advocacy Manager||Marketing and Communications||Americas|
|Senior Marketing Lead, Developer Community||Marketing and Communications||Americas|
|Senior Product Marketing Managers - Developer Ecosystem||Marketing and Communications||Americas|
|Account Based Marketing Strategy, Lead||Marketing and Communications||Americas|
|Competitive Intelligence Manager||Marketing and Communications||Americas|
|Account Based Marketing Strategy, Lead (US West)||Marketing and Communications||Americas|