Content Strategist, Shopify Plus
Shopify Plus’ mission is to make commerce simple for high-volume companies like Tesla, RedBull, GE, L’Oreal, Mondelez, Kanye West, Subway, UPS and many more. We believe enterprise merchants should love their commerce platform and we work hard each day to make that happen. We’re in hyper-growth mode, and that’s where you come in!
We’re looking for a UX-focused content strategist to plan and create interface content for Shopify Plus products.
This isn’t a marketing or social media role — you’ll need a deep understanding of the UX design process. You’ll collaborate with designers, developers, researchers, and product managers to create products that help our merchants improve their businesses.
You'll need to have:
- At least 4 years of dedicated content strategy experience, preferably in a product-focused environment.
- Direct experience collaborating with a UX-focused team — designers, developers, researchers, etc.
- A portfolio of stellar interface copy.
- Demonstrated ability to create, implement, and maintain content standards across a large organization.
- We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, tell us why you’ll be the perfect fit anyway.
The right person for this role can:
- Move fast (and change even faster): you’ll adjust quickly to shifting approaches, situations, and priorities. You’ll prioritize simultaneous deadlines across multiple teams.
- Build relationships: you’ll build strong, collaborative relationships with everyone at Shopify to act in our merchants’ best interests.
- Figure it out: every day is different at Shopify, and you’ll be writing all kinds of different content. You’ll use your experience and judgement to create the best possible solution.
You’ll wear a lot of hats as a content strategist at Shopify:
- UX writer: You’ll write clear, concise, usable content for our product interfaces. You’ll also edit and proofread content from other team members.
- Editor in chief: You’ll evolve and enforce our editorial and voice and tone standards across our products.
- UX designer: You’ll collaborate with our designers to ideate, plan, and execute new features, and continuously improve what we have today.
- Researcher and data analyst: You’ll use qualitative and quantitative research to make informed content decisions.
- Information architect: You’ll plan navigation designs, nomenclature systems, and information architectures across complex products.
- Teacher: You’ll advocate for the importance of content across the company, and empower everyone at Shopify to write their own great content through training, learning resources, and support.
Here's how to apply:
If you want to help us shape the future of commerce, select Apply now to submit your application. Please make your cover letter out to Alaine Mackenzie.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Thanks for your interest in working at Shopify! Please be patient with us as we're also taking a much needed break over the holiday season. It may take us time through the month of January to respond to your application.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Design & UX jobs are posted.
Your application has been submitted. We will be in touch. Also, we encourage all applicants to experiment with the product and start a store.