Content Strategy Lead, Shopify Plus
We’re looking for a UX-focused Content Strategy Lead to mentor a team of content strategists and build the content strategy practice in our Waterloo office. This position also requires an ability to solve difficult problems on our Shopify Plus products. Shopify Plus is redefining commerce for the world’s fastest growing brands like Leesa, Nine West, Kylie Jenner, MVMT, and Nestle. We’re in a hyper-growth stage and need someone who is excited to lead the content strategy team in a fast-paced, friendly, and collaborative environment.
About UX at Shopify
The UX team at Shopify is obsessed with enabling commerce at a global scale. We create tools that give even the most inexperienced entrepreneur the best chance to succeed. At the same time, we design solutions that help some of the world’s leading businesses manage enormous complexity. Making commerce better for everyone, no matter where they’re located or their level of experience, is our passion. It’s what we come to work every morning excited to tackle.
Our team is made up of over 250+ designers, content strategists, researchers, and front-end developers across 5 offices. Although everyone who works at Shopify is responsible for building great experiences, the UX team has a special role in building understanding and empathy for merchants. We believe in testing, iteration, and giving people room to experiment and grow.
- Empower everyone who works at Shopify Plus to write their own great content
- Advocate for the role content plays in product design across the organization
- Help your team grow the soft and hard skills they need to create better products
- Collaborate with designers, developers, researchers and product managers to ship exceptionally high UX quality on your projects
- Develop baseline knowledge in all our UX disciplines (research, design, and front-end development) and deep expertise in your product’s problem area
- Work with other UX leads to build a cohesive product and robust design system
- Identify challenges on your team as they arise and solve them
- Evolve and build the editorial and voice and tone standards across our products
- Anticipate staffing needs on your team and recruit for them
You should have:
- Demonstrated experience leading content or UX teams to deliver high quality projects
- At least 5 years of dedicated content strategy experience, preferably in a product-focused environment
- Expertise in content modelling and information architecture
- Previous work with content management systems
- Experience working with cross-functional teams including designers, researchers, and engineers
- Created, implemented, and maintained content standards across an organization
- A foundational understanding of user-centered design techniques and how to apply them
- A holistic, user-focused approach to all your work
Experience comes in many forms, lots of skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If you’re excited by the role and your experience is relevant but not exactly what we’re looking for, consider applying. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and we’d love to hear from you.
What you'll get at Shopify:
- A collaborative, creative environment where we value experimentation and learning
- Autonomy. We don’t believe in micro-management.
- A healthy work-life balance with flexible benefits including health and wellness perks, parental leave, flexible work hours, and catered meals to give you more time for the things you care about most
- Learning and growing with the best in the business and getting the support you need to do the best work of your career
- A culture that values authenticity, openness, and diversity
Learn more about why we were voted the #1 best place to work in Canada by Glassdoor in 2017.
How to apply:
Prepare and include a few samples of your work. If you have an online portfolio, feel free to link to it! Write a cover letter to include with your resume that tells us a bit about yourself and why you want to work at Shopify and please address it to Davis.
Bonus: sign up for a free trial of Shopify and build a store. Share the link with us so we can take a look.
Please note that we will be receiving applications until the 1st of February, 2018.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other User Experience jobs are posted.