About the role
More than 1 million business owners around the world are powered by Shopify, and many of them are looking for help building and customizing their stores with the help of our Partner Ecosystem. In our Platform team at Shopify, we build products that support this partner community to help our merchants meet 100% of their unique needs through apps and services.
The Platform team is looking to hire a Coordinator to provide support to its leadership team in Toronto. Working closely with the Platform Expansion Pack (Ashley Gibson), your ultimate goal will be to help the leadership team optimize their day-to-day. You’ll get to learn more about Shopify and our partner ecosystem, while working alongside tremendous leaders who are guiding compelling, complex, and often technical initiatives. While you won’t be expected to know the nitty gritty details of APIs or App Extensions, you’ll need to be ready to dive in and learn more about the product to have perspective on what’s happening across the team and enable the leadership team to work even more effectively.
In this role you’ll need to be the calm in the chaos on a team where no two days are alike. This is going to require a high level of comfort with ambiguity and an innate ability to thrive on change. You’ll need to be passionate about team operations, incredibly organized, detail-obsessed, and ready to juggle multiple priorities in a dynamic, ever-changing environment. We’re looking for someone who has mastered multi-tasking skills and will be able to gain context quickly to become a force multiplier for the team. To learn more about our Partner Platform, check out the keynotes from this year’s Unite Conference.
- Work with leadership to increase efficiency, prioritize tasks, and optimize time
- Work closely with the Platform Expansion Pack to support product line initiatives
- Plan travel and process expenses
- Execute on logistical needs for events and team activities
- Create and tweak administrative processes to make them better
- Work on special projects and propose new ideas
- Experience booking travel, managing complex calendars, and expense reconciliation
- Stellar organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Strong communication and writing skills
- High level of discretion, confidentiality and professionalism
- Ability to work with many different stakeholders and business partners
- Ability to be multidisciplinary; no two days look the same and you’ll need to be comfortable with ambiguity
- Comfort in demonstrating initiative and being a proactive problem-solver
- Creativity, resourcefulness, and enthusiasm
- An excellent understanding of and comfort with technology
- Experience working with an executive in a leadership support capacity
- Planned large team-building events
This posting will close at 11AM EST on Friday, Dec 13th.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.