Copywriter (6 month contract)
Do you have an affinity for words? Do you have deep opinions on the oxford comma? Have you at least once in your life been called a Zelda, Fitzgerald, or Hemingway? Are you currently thinking of a superior job description that you could've written in place of this? If yes, you might be Shopify’s next Copywriter.
We’re looking for an experienced, creative copywriter to support our Unite campaign. Unite is Shopify's annual partner and developer conference. It’s an event that celebrates our shared accomplishments and looks ahead at the future of the Shopify platform. We'd like to work with a creative who’s got great long form chops, but who also excels in snappy taglines. Someone who’s as happy concepting as they are writing an engaging blog post to join other creatives in building the world of Shopify.
Relevant experience for the role:
- At least 5 years writing experience in advertising, communications, or marketing.
- The ability to convey highly technical information in an easily digestible manner to a wide variety of audiences.
- Broad experience across many written forms, including press releases, script writing, blogs, web, and everything in between.
- The ability to collaborate between a variety of creative teams, from Design to Front End Development.
- The ability to juggle multiple deadlines and myriad projects; getting shit done even amongst chaos.
- Some experience with the developer or similar community.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with teams to develop compelling, breakthrough campaigns.
- Developing voice and tone guidelines for campaigns.
- Working within an integrated agency team to develop consistent, effective work.
- Supporting the broad communications team across all written touch points.
- Developing scripts for both video and IRL.
- Guiding presentations for executives.
- Helping champion Shopify’s brand tone and voice.
- Supporting a communications campaign full time (6 months).
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Marketing & Communications jobs are posted.