About the role
Shopify has redefined commerce, raising the standard for how businesses of all sizes operate, market, and sell their products and services. With over 600,000 merchants in more than 175 different countries, powered by the most innovative commerce platform on the market, we continue to grow rapidly while constantly looking for new ways to impact and disrupt markets.
We’re looking for a Corporate Development Manager who has passion for founders, startups, technology and products with the skill and rigour to drive new opportunity identification, evaluation and execution. Working alongside Shopify’s leadership and executive teams, the Corporate Development Manager is responsible for identifying disruptive commerce experiences and accelerating Shopify's product roadmap through acquisitions.
You’ll need to have:
- A background in product management or engineering
- Experience building and reviewing financial models
- A research driven mindset that’s anchored in curiosity and balanced with excellent analytical, problem solving and project management skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; able to work with all stakeholders at leadership and executive levels
- Pragmatic and a roll up your sleeves mentality
- A hunger for learning
It’d be great if you have:
- Experience working at an Internet, e-commerce, and/or cloud company
- Experience in venture capital or private equity
- Worked with or at startups through Series B or Series C funding
- Experience aligning and driving cross-functional groups
- A network of senior level relationships to facilitate deal flow
You’ll be working on things like:
- Building context for M&A transactions through deep understanding of Shopify’s product roadmap
- Meeting with startups, evaluating new products & technologies, and mapping ecosystems
- Driving projects forward by collaborating with internal stakeholders, developing recommendations and output materials and presenting key deliverables
- Performing financial analysis, modelling and valuation to support business cases and inform deal structures/negotiations
- Conducting due diligence and creating all necessary materials/memos for M&A consideration for review by leadership and executive teams
- M&A transaction support including negotiating with external parties, project management, and integration planning
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply for this job” button to submit your application. Please address your cover letter to Bram Sugarman.