About the role
At Shopify, we are working towards our mission of making commerce better for everyone by empowering entrepreneurship, everywhere. The International Growth Product Line are tasked with bringing Shopify to every corner of the World, arming the entrepreneurial rebels with world class commerce technology.
Our team is searching for a Country Manager for Italy. Shopify is experiencing large demand in Italy from entrepreneurs and small and medium sized businesses (SMB’s) and we need a leader capable of accelerating our growth and delivering increased value for our merchants.
In this role, you will be responsible for growing Shopify in Italy. You will need to understand the needs of the local community of merchants and partners, increase Shopify’s brand awareness across entrepreneurs and SMB’s, lead our local partnerships team and act as a critical stakeholder for our product roadmap for Italy.
Why is this exciting?
As of today, Shopify has over 1,000,000 merchants in 175+ countries and over 100,000 in Europe using our software to set up and run their businesses across multiple sales channels including: web, mobile, social media, marketplaces, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops and this role is critical to helping us achieve our growth goals in Italy.
We're rapidly building a cross-functional team capable of acting on country specific growth opportunities, partnering with other teams in Europe and Canada.
You get to work with some of the best in the business with plenty of opportunities to learn and advance. You’ll have the creative freedom to make a real difference in the world of commerce and promoting entrepreneurship while being your authentic self.
What would you do here?
- As Country Manager, you will report to Shopify’s Director of International Growth.
- You will be responsible for developing and executing our local strategy to make Shopify the leading commerce platform in Italy for entrepreneurs and SMBs.
- You will build and lead a team of high performing individuals with a focus on Partnerships and Business Development.
- You will act as a key stakeholder with functions including: Product, RnD, Marketing, and Support.
- You will work with data to generate insights, do business planning and contribute to cross-functional and cross-Product Line projects.
- You will grow our brand locally by driving high impact partnerships and act as a local spokesperson for Shopify in the region.
Who are you?
- You are a native Italian speaker with a proven track record of working successfully in the Italian market.
- You have experience working in a top tier consultancy, software company, startup or a similar organization.
- You have first-hand commerce experience having worked with or for merchants.
- You have hired and developed a high performing team with a partnership focus in the past.
- Have led a multidisciplinary team of up to 5 people.
- Demonstrated strong stakeholder management skills in key projects across internal functions and with external partners and possess the ability to work with a diverse set of functional experts.
- You have been accountable for budgeting, planning, setting and meeting financial targets.
- You’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves and enjoy diving deep into data, and by using data systematically, solve complex problems.
- You’re a strong communicator in both languages (English and Italian) with experience working for a global company (possibly even remote to HQ).
- You’re comfortable communicating with executive leadership on the status of your country's progress and have experience as a spokesperson in your market.
- You believe in leading by influence, not authority.
- You are comfortable working in a Digital by Default working environment in which most of the team members are distributed and working remotely is a standard.
- Experience in SaaS
- Founded or grown a D2C brand yourself - please share in your application.
- Cross-functional experience across multiple domains of expertise including: business development, marketing, growth, product management, RnD, or support.
Here's how to apply:
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply for this job” button to submit your application.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our 2019 Sustainability Report to learn more about Shopify's commitments.
Not what you’re looking for? Check out these similar roles.
|Senior Product Content Strategist (Remote, Europe)||UX and Design||EMEA, Europe|
|Development Manager, Shop (Remote, Europe)||Engineering and Development||EMEA, Europe|
|Staff Software Developer/Mobile & Web Apps, Shop (Europe)||Engineering and Development||EMEA, Europe|
|Shopify Support Advisor (Remote, Ireland)||Customer Support||EMEA, Europe|
|Senior UX Researcher (France)||UX and Design||EMEA, Europe|
|Senior Product Managers (Italy, Spain & Germany)||Product Management||EMEA, Europe|
|Product Manager, International Money||Product Management||EMEA, Europe|
|Senior Partner Manager, International Growth (France)||Partnerships and Business Development||EMEA, Europe|
|QA Engineer (Remote, Europe)||Engineering and Development||EMEA, Europe|
|QA Engineer (Remote, Lithuania)||Engineering and Development||EMEA, Europe|
|Senior Developer/PHP (Remote, Europe)||Engineering and Development||EMEA, Europe|
|Director of Marketing, Shopify Plus (Remote, Ireland)||Marketing and Communications||EMEA, Europe|
|Senior Data Scientist, Shop||Data Science and Engineering||EMEA, Europe|