Course Content Developer
Ottawa or Remote
As a Course Developer, you will help design and develop educational content for Shopify’s Partners – a varied group of agencies and freelancers. You’ll also help shape and structure the curriculum for the new education and certification program. The focus of your role will be to identify learning needs and develop corresponding content using the most effective and engaging formats. The ideal candidate will have a solid mix of technical knowledge, creativity, and passion for education
You'll be working on:
- Develop curriculum and course content, as well as knowledge checks and certification exams question.
- Perform periodic content review to ensure all content is up to date. Ensure all material content is clear, accurate, consistent, and free of spelling or grammatical errors.
- Ensure content reflects current industry standards as well as Shopify’s best practices and include all latest features/releases.
- Monitor LMS usage data to tweak and refine content, and address feedback to improve clarity where necessary.
- Consult internal subject matter experts – from technical and business backgrounds – to help develop, review, and refine educational material.
- Apply instructional design and adult learning principles to produce informative, yet highly engaging content.
- Develop detailed, compressive learning material using various mediums: study guides, exercise booklets, interactive modules, screencasts, tutorials, video courses, etc.
- Stay abreast of current trends/innovations in technology and education.
You'll need to have:
- A strong grasp of content strategy fundamentals.
- An understanding of traditional copywriting techniques, advanced writing and editing skills, and the ability to write clearly and persuasively.
- Experience developing custom educational content and curricula.
- Strong knowledge of Instructional Design methodology and adult learning theory.
- Understanding of education industry standards, and knowledge of trends with a focus on e-learning.
- Detail orientation, with strong time management and prioritization skills.
- A collaborative mindset coupled with the ability to work independently and effectively with minimal supervision.
- High comfort level with technology and ability to quickly learn and utilize new software applications.
- Demonstrated experience in e-Learning technologies.
- A high level of flexibility, persistence and dependability
- The ability to complete work with set deadlines
It would be nice if you had:
- University or college graduate or undergraduate studying in the fields of Instructional Design, Instructional Technologies, or Education.
- Prior experience in Instructional Design, Adult Education, Performance Consulting or similar area of study.
- CTDP designation desirable.
- Expertise in using Adobe products such as Captivate, Photoshop, and Illustrator, InDesign as well as MS PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with SCORM, learning management systems, and interactive learning software.
- An understanding of fundamental UX principles.
- Demonstrated aesthetic and design composition abilities to create compelling content.
- Familiarity with video editing, voice-over and screencasting tools
Here's how to apply:
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of E-Commerce at Shopify, click the “Apply Now” button to submit your application. Please address your application to Janeffer.
This posting will remain up until June 25th, 2017. Candidates will be contacted in the weeks following.
If you’re interested click the “Apply Now” button to submit your application.
Along with your application include a sample of your writing or a link to your online portfolio. If you have developed any educational content, include the links if they are public.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Partnerships jobs are posted.