Course Producer, Build a Business
Shopify is on a mission to make commerce better for everyone and spread entrepreneurship across the world. One of the ways we’re doing that is with Build a Business (BAB) - our annual competition for business owners that has them compete for a chance to win an entrepreneurial experience of a lifetime. The competition has been a runaway success, but, we believe the Build a Business brand can be evolved into something much bigger. This is where you come in.
We’re looking for someone to join our Marketing and Communications team to take editorial and strategic ownership of the (yet to be created) Build a Business digital training experience. The online learning experience you produce will be guiding future BAB participants and the ecommerce empires they’re striving to create. Your mission through this new channel will be to make BAB and Shopify synonymous with entrepreneurship.
You’ll be working on:
- Identifying new course opportunities and applying creative teaching methodologies
- Developing a systematic approach to course and lesson development
- Establishing partnerships with subject matter experts and course instructors
- Guiding creative partners, both internal and external, in the creation of online courses
- Developing course marketing strategies to increase enrollment and participation among Build-a-Business participants
- Analyzing the business impact of the online learning you produce
You'll need to have:
- A proven track record of building and growing digital media properties
- At least 3 years of editorial experience, managing and setting editorial calendars, as well as managing a team of contributors, both in-house and remote
- An understanding of effective online learning course design as well as adult learning principles
- A passion for building big ideas, running with them and challenging the status quo. Ultimately, you’re a self-starter, someone who gets shit done, and is ready to make a big impact
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is thisclose to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Marketing & Growth jobs are posted.
Your application has been submitted. We will be in touch. Also, we encourage all applicants to experiment with the product and start a store.