CRM Business Systems Analyst
Ottawa, Toronto, Waterloo
Shopify is a commerce platform with the mission to make commerce better for everyone. It currently powers over 500,000 merchants in more than 175 different countries. Supporting us and our merchants are our Shopify Partners, an ecosystem of businesses who help us expand our offering as a platform.
As a CRM Business Analyst, you’ll play a pivotal role in the implementation of Shopify Partners’ instance of Salesforce. This is an exciting and critical phase of our growth as an organization.
We’re looking for an experienced CRM Business Analyst who has led projects from early stage business requirement gathering all the way to implementation, and beyond.
If you’re a self-starter, with in-depth knowledge of project management, CRM architecture and operational data analysis, who can think logically and creatively, and are ready to dive into the problems we’re solving, we want to hear from you!
You’ll get to do things like:
- Consult with internal Partners teams across the company to implement, administer, and enhance the CRM platform based on strategic analysis of their business requirements.
- Flex those problem solving muscles and leverage the resources at your disposal to get shit done.
- Be part of the PMO team and partner with business stakeholders and platform team to get shit done.
- Help shape the long term vision of the Shopify Partners tech stack.
You’ll need to be able to:
- Frame business questions in operational and analytical terms; translating business requirements into datasets, analyses, workflows and project briefings.
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to gather/analyze requirements and map them to solutions that leverage Salesforce.com functionality.
- Frame business questions in operational and analytical terms; translating business requirements into datasets, artifacts, analyses, workflows and project briefings.
- Capture, develop and maintain functional, non-functional and technical requirements, and design integration specifications.
- Coordinate the rollout of new tools and systems including delivery of standard operating procedures, workflow diagrams, training materials and post-launch support resources.
- Use your expertise, persuasion and negotiation skills when recommending solutions applicable to the long-term strategy of the business.
- Use analytical/technical expertise to translate issues into action using the full Salesforce toolset including custom objects and fields, validation rules, workflows, etc.
- Identify data issues and coordinate between business, data and product team to resolve them.
- Play a critical role during upgrades and releases to the system, including testing, participation in change management, and execute deployments.
- Effectively handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Reasonably estimate the time for tasks and then meet deadlines set by those estimates.
It’d be great if you have:
- 2+ years of experience in a business analyst role
- Solid understanding of architecture and system integration
- Experience in data visualization and BI tools (ie: Tableau, Mode)
- Strong knowledge of project management methodologies and practices
- Proven ability to be strategic and creative in leveraging people/process/data/technology to solve complex business problems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as relationship building skills.
- APEX and Visualforce page development experience or at least understanding of the role they play.
- Experience working and building within SalesForce Lightning.
- Familiarity with 3rd party tools (i.e. Hubspot, ExactTarget, Zendesk & other relevant marketing automation tool).
- Keen understanding of the entire customer journey (sales, professional services, customer success, support).
- Authentic curiosity, love learning and improving your skill set.
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. Please address your cover letter to Simon. Applications will be accepted until November 23rd, 2017.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your background is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Support jobs are posted.