About the role
Please note that this position is currently only open to Singaporeans.
Being a Customer Service Specialist (Support Advisor) at Shopify is a rewarding and challenging opportunity to make an impact while supporting our Merchants.Your responsibility will be to provide high-quality customer service over phone calls, chats and emails. Within a supportive environment you will work to listen, support, problem-solve and explore growth opportunities with Shopify Merchants.
- Adhere to a daily schedule that includes a mix of: Phones, three (3) simultaneous chats, and emails.
- Ensure quick response time and answer tickets within the same day.
- Act as a business coach and think about the merchant’s business holistically when offering solutions.
- Complete essential follow-up documentation after each interaction.
- Engage in human conversations with merchants to identify and resolve issues through coaching.
- Ensure privacy and security practices are followed at all times for both merchants and Shopify.
- Offer needs-based solutions, not pushy sales.
- Advocate for merchants and the Shopify platform by communicating with stakeholders.
- Own your own development through reviewing past interactions and preparing to discuss growth opportunities with your lead in regular 1:1 meetings.
- Available to work full-time (40 hours per week) on a rotating schedule with varying 8-hour shifts starting anytime between 7:00 am - 11:00 am in your local timezone. This means some days your shifts could be as early as 7:00am-3:00pm, and as late as 11:00am-7:00pm. This includes working weekends and holidays on a rotating basis.
- Be permanently residing in Singapore and be Singaporean.
- 2+ years experience as a customer service representative in a contact centre, retail or service environment.
- Proven record of working in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Have appropriate remote work set-up - such as a quiet space and stable internet connection.
- Have access to a wired internet speed of at least 25 Mbps download speed and 10 Mbps upload. You can check your speed here.
- Ability to be resourceful and find solutions even when there is no clear path.
- Proficiency with technology paired with excellent typing skills.
- Willingness to learn all about entrepreneurship and enjoy human conversations.
- Possess high level of patience and empathy to navigate difficult conversations.
- Are committed to continuous growth and learning.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our 2020 Sustainability Report to learn more about Shopify's commitments.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is thisclose to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities, and our planet.
At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
How we hire
Not what you’re looking for?Check out these similar roles.
|Bilingual Customer Service Specialist - Fluent in Japanese (Remote, Sapporo, Japan)||Customer Support||Asia|
|Bilingual Customer Service Specialist - Fluent in Japanese (Remote, Okinawa, Japan)||Customer Support||Asia|
|Bilingual Customer Service Specialist - Fluent in Japanese (Remote, Fukuoka, Japan)||Customer Support||Asia|
|Bilingual Customer Service Specialist - Fluent in Japanese (Remote, Japan)||Customer Support||Asia|
|Customer Service Team Lead - (Remote, Japan)||Customer Support||Asia|
|Customer Support Senior Lead, Japan (Remote, Japan)||Customer Support||Asia|