About the role
Closing date: Wednesday, July 31, 2019 at 12pm NZT.
Kia Ora! We’re Shopify - the leading cloud-based, multi-channel commerce platform. We build products for business owners to design, set up, and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including web, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. Shopify currently powers over 800,000 businesses in approximately 175 countries and we just keep on growing. (It’s a very exciting time to join our team.)
We’re looking for a talented bunch of Kiwis to build our home-based Customer Success team here in New Zealand to support our diverse range of entrepreneurs from all over the world. Our Customer Success team is the heart of Shopify and they work from the comfort of their own homes and support merchants in a variety of ways; from simple set-up questions to business advice and best practices. We also never shy away from a technical question and aren’t afraid to ask for help when we don’t know the answer. Most importantly, we’re a passionate bunch and helping entrepreneurs build and grow their businesses is the North Star of everything we do.
A few more details:
We keep it real - It’s not just tech support, but people support. It won’t always be easy, but if you're resourceful, ask questions, and enjoy having genuine human conversations, you may have just found your dream team.
We’re business coaches - We don’t just solve problems, we help businesses grow and thrive. Our team doesn’t do pushy sales, but we do strive for needs based sales solutions to help merchants get on the right Shopify plan to scale their business and succeed.
We’re lifestyle focused - Day-to-day you’ll get to do fulfilling work, support entrepreneurs, and make a real impact.
We’re life-long learners - We are obsessed with personal development, growing and never settle of mediocrity. We’ll support you to achieve your goals, learn new skills, and level up.
We work together - We may not be in the same room, but we work like we are. We leverage our unique backgrounds to empower each other and foster a community where all people can feel a sense of belonging. We’ve invested in small home-based teams and strong communication tools to ensure you have the resources to succeed in your role at Shopify --- no matter what city you are in!
What you’ll get to do:
- Have a huge impact on merchant businesses and lives.
- Solve problems.
- Learn how to run your own store first hand.
- Teach people about the platform.
- Interact with entrepreneurs from all over the world.
- Be yourself.
You'll need to (in no particular order):
- be legally eligible to work in New Zealand (a must!).
- work full-time hours (sorry - this isn't a part-time gig).
- be comfortable working from home. Our hub is in Wellington but everyone works from home!
- be proficient with technology.
- care about the details.
- have strong reading & writing skills.
- have a track record of being resourceful.
- be empathetic and genuinely interested in chatting about businesses.
- be an active listener.
- be able to work under pressure.
It'd be great if you have, but not necessary:
- A background or interest in business, marketing, retail, or sales.
- Ran or had exposure to running a business or being an entrepreneur.
- Previous experience working in technical support in an SaaS or equally software-driven environment.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.