Data Analyst - Merchant Support
We’re looking for a Data Analyst to join our Merchant Support Analytics Team. Our team is building the brain behind Shopify’s world-class customer support team. As a data analyst, you’ll be embedded in the Merchant Support leadership team, using data to support their decision making process. You’ll partner with these folks to answer their questions with anything from a basic report to a deep-dive analysis. You’ll also look for patterns in their requests, building generalized reports so that they can self-serve.
You’ll be an integral part of Shopify’s wider Data and Analytics organization. We’ve built out our own petabyte-scale Hadoop cluster to make sure that every Shopifier can access the data they need to make better decisions. But this data isn’t just used to inform internally-facing decisions - we are empowering the 500,000+ merchants on our platform as well. Being a data-informed company includes enabling data-informed merchants, which in turn helps us make commerce better for everyone!
You'll need to have:
- Extensive experience analyzing data using SQL - to the extent that you are comfortable writing in front of stakeholders
- Strong communication skills, with experience communicating with both customers and across internal stakeholders
It'd be great if you have:
- Experience in customer support centre analytics for large companies
- Experience with Tableau, Mode, Chartio or similar data visualization tools
- Background in a quantitative discipline (math, physics, biology, finance, etc.)
- A working knowledge of Python (or similar programming language) or an interest in learning
- A working knowledge of front-end development technologies or an interest in learning
Examples of what you'll be working on:
- Investigating changes in KPIs and recommending actions to the business
- Building high quality reports used every day by +1k of your coworkers
- Attending meetings regarding support agent headcount forecasting and speaking with confidence and accuracy about trends in the data without consulting reports
- Working on one-off reports in a pairing environment with business users
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. Please let Nicolas know why you’re particularly interested in this role.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Data & Analytics jobs are posted.