We’re looking for data scientists to help drive informed business decisions. But what characteristics are we looking for in our next data scientist?
You will craft narratives grounded in data on how our users are interacting with our platform and new features that we ship. You not only look at what has happened, but more importantly, what has changed in users behaviour and then provide an Occam's razor style explanation. You are aware that difference audiences care about different elements and you tailor your narrative accordingly.
You will be formulating hypotheses to drive usage/conversion, deploying A/B experiments, analyzing results and drawing the right conclusions. You are partnering with product managers daily, and you are an advocate of using data to make better decisions.
You are a self-starter but you also like to work closely with engineers, UI / UX, designers and product people, and who can do both analysis work and will have some experience building software.
- Building narratives around merchant behaviour at scale using data that you collect and analyze
- Acting as a sparring partner to our product managers regarding the use of data in order to make informed product decisions
- Planning, executing and analyzing A/B experiments
- Automating recurring analysis requests
- 2+ years experience doing quantitative analysis preferably for an Internet-based company
- BA/BS in Math, Statistics, Economics / Business, Computer Science, or other quantitative field. Advanced degrees preferred but not required
- Solid understanding of statistical concepts such as multivariate analysis, type I / type II errors, effect sizes, linear regression and survival analysis.
- Strong fluency in SQL and some development experience preferably in R or Python
- Experience with AWS Redshift, MySQL databases
- Basics of Docker
How to Apply:
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce at Shopify, click the “Apply Now” button to submit your application. Please address your application to Davide Vitiello.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Data & Analytics jobs are posted.