About the role
At Shopify, we recognize that after our people, our most important asset is our data. With over 10+ years of aggregate ecommerce data, we are driven by the potential insights that our data can provide. Our 1,000,000 merchants process over $72 billion in gross merchant volume through our platform and depend on us to deliver insights that enable them to grow their business. The Data Science & Engineering team acts as the impact multiplier for Shopify’s product teams, putting over 11 petabytes of data to work to make our merchants more successful. We’re looking for a Data Scientist to join Product Sourcing team, where we take aspiring entrepreneurs from zero confidence to their first sale and on to successful businesses.
At Product Sourcing Data you will be:
- Delivering meaningful insights that will help create more entrepreneurs and grow Shopify
- Making sense of Billions of Products and how they fit different business models
- Working closely with the Oberlo and various other product teams to inform and influence their roadmaps and drive key product decisions
- Prototyping and building Data Products that make commerce better for everyone
You will need to have:
- Experience using Python for data analysis, pipelines and modeling
- Extensive experience analyzing data with SQL
- The ability to couple subject matter expertise with strong statistical skills
- Experience with Tableau, Mode, or similar data visualization tools
- Great interpersonal skills, especially when communicating with non-technical teams
It would be great if you have:
- A background in regression, econometrics and/or causal inference
- Previous experience using Spark (esp. via Python or Scala)
- Understanding of dimensional modeling concepts and database design/architecture or experience with feature engineering both at model build and in production
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform
- A profound love of GitHub
What do we offer:
- Work in an international company with offices in Vilnius, Berlin, Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, and Shenzhen
- Enjoy flexible working hours and a competitive compensation package (including equity, benefits and perks)
- Benefit from a lifestyle spending account - a budget you can spend on a variety of things to help your life run smoothly, including wellness, transportation, and family care expenses
- Bountiful professional growth opportunities, such as training courses of your choice, books, conferences, business trips
We know that looking for a new role can be both exciting and time-consuming, and we truly appreciate your effort. Juste is an actual real live person (👋🏻) and is looking forward to learning more about you and your interest in joining our team.
Please note that this posting will close on January 27th, 2019 at 9am (EEST).
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.