Database Engineer - Data Stores Engineering
Remote in North America
Shopify's rapid growth means that we have many interesting and challenging problems to solve, most critically in operations. Shopify's 500,000 merchants have bet their businesses on the reliability and performance of our platform, which means that both uptime and efficiency through automation are paramount. This is why we're looking to add a Database Engineer to our growing team.
As part of an elite team of infrastructure engineers, you'll be responsible for ensuring that Shopify stays a robust and secure service. This includes scaling databases, supporting rollouts of HA systems, development of configuration management and automation tools and dealing with distributed systems. As a member of the production engineering team, you'll also be directly responsible for the scalability, performance, and availability of the Shopify infrastructure. You will work closely with support and development teams throughout your day-to-day activities. All members of the production engineering team, including leads, also participate in an on call rotation.
You'll Need to Have
- Strong experience with MySQL administration, operation and performance tuning
- Experience in running large scale database operations on Linux/Unix
- Proficiency with configuration management tools, such as Chef or Puppet
- The ability to read, write and understand scripts in languages such as Ruby or Python
It Would be Great if you had Experience with:
- Galera Cluster
- MySQL HA solutions such as Orchestrator
- MySQL proxies
- Experience with a variety of open source software including redis, and memcached
- Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud and `database as a service` solutions
- Version control systems like git
- Docker and Kubernetes
How to Apply 📄 ➡️ 📬
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce at Shopify, click the “Apply For This Job” button to submit your application. Please address your application to Kayla.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Production Engineering jobs are posted.