About the role
The Core Product Marketing team is a cross-functional, multidisciplinary team, representing the 2 disciplines of Product Marketing and Marketing UX. We work hand in hand to bring to life product-powered stories for Shopify merchants.
We’re looking for a Design Director to lead the Marketing UX half of the team—a hugely talented group of 12 (and growing!), spanning four Marketing UX crafts of content design, design, front end development, and UX production (video and motion). In addition to supporting the professional growth of the team, you’ll be responsible for the overall creative direction and UX quality of existing and new experiences across a variety of channels, helping to push our storytelling to the next level and beyond through tone and voice, visuals, interactive design, and rich media. You’ll work closely with the Core Product Marketing leadership team on team-wide initiatives, processes, and rituals—contributing to a culture of high care and excellence.
As a senior leader at Shopify, you’ll also collaborate with leadership within the Core product area and UX discipline on internal and external initiatives that build and strengthen connective tissue and best practices that propel our work and practices forward.
And finally, as a Digital by Design company, you’ll do this all remotely.
- Lead, inspire, and coach a multi-disciplinary team of UXers
- Own the overall look, feel, creative direction, and UX for the Core Product Marketing team
- You will not only advocate and lead Product Marketng projects across dotcom, but will also spin up new properties, microsites, experiences that we haven't done before for our core products
- You will advocate for UX best practices, partner with other UX leads across company and grow the Marketing UX discipline within Product Marketing through hiring and leveling up current team members
- Leverage a deep understanding of our product and its users to guide the creation of top-notch experiences
- Work with leadership to manage priorities for the team
- Build trust and relationships with senior and executive leadership across Shopify
- Collaborate with UX leaders across Shopify on company-wide initiatives
- and standards
- Exceptional track record as a leader, with a passion for investing in, developing, and supporting your team and their growth
- Exceptional communication skills, in written, face to face, and presentation settings
- Exceptional collaboration skills, with the ability to make great decisions quickly, while building for the long term
- Deep experience leading the full creative process, from requirements gathering to concepting to launch to optimization—and coaching and mentoring others to do the same
- Deep experience leading cross-functional and multi-disciplinary teams
- Deep familiarity with human-centered design practices
- Deep familiarity with our primary marketing UX crafts content design, design, front end development, and UX production (video and motion) and how they come together to create cohesive experiences
- Experience working in product marketing
- Experience leading work across a variety of mediums and channels
- Experience building and leading remote teams
- Experience working collaboratively with other leaders
- Familiarity with accessibility frameworks and standards
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
This job post will expire on 4/14/2021 at 12am EST.
Not what you’re looking for? Check out these similar roles.
|Senior Marketing Content Designer||UX and Design||Americas|
|Senior Marketing Designer||UX and Design||Americas|
|Senior Designer, Shipping||UX and Design||Americas|
|Senior Visual/Brand Designer||UX and Design||Americas|
|Creative Director, Growth||UX and Design||Americas|
|UX Manager, Themes (Remote, Americas)||UX and Design||Americas|
|UX Manager, Cross-Border Transactions (Remote, Americas)||UX and Design||United States|
|Staff Product Designers (Remote, Americas)||UX and Design||Americas|
|Senior Content Designer, Shipping||UX and Design||Americas|