As a designer at Shopify you will work on a product used by small fashion boutiques, global brands, and everything in between. You’re expected to create a beautiful product that empowers our merchants to run their businesses and pushes the boundaries of the world of commerce. We are a friendly, collaborative team, who leave their ego at the door, and care about the right solution above everything else. You need to be able to identify problems, perform research, prototype solutions and ship features, sometimes all in the same week.
We host over 325,000 online stores, and thousands of merchants will see your work within seconds – a tough but incredibly rewarding responsibility
- Shipping high fidelity designs of new features and quickly prototyping solutions to visual and interaction problems
- Representing our merchants in product strategy and roadmap discussions
- Advocating for good user experience across our teams and our platform
- Contributing to our growing design system in an effort to cultivate a coherent look and feel across the entire Shopify platform
- Sharing and revising your designs based on UX research, merchant interviews and peer feedback
You'll need to have:
- A deep understanding of the end to end iterative UX product design process, including how to develop and use personas, job stories, journey mapping, content modelling, wireframing and prototyping, user testing, and high fidelity visuals
- Proficiency with current design tools including Sketch, Photoshop, Invision, Framer
- Passion for solving core product problems while owning all facets of a user experience (strategy, IA, art direction, interaction design and research)
- Experience collaborating with multiple disciplines including product, engineering, content, research, and more
- A deep empathy for the user
- UI abilities shown in a portfolio of live projects
Here’s how to apply:
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. Send us a few samples of your work: portfolio, wireframes, UX flows, publications, or whatever represents what you do best.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Design & UX jobs are posted.
Your application has been submitted. We will be in touch. Also, we encourage all applicants to experiment with the product and start a store.