The Developer Relations team works with 3rd party developers, – both new and existing – to build the best commerce experiences on top of Shopify. We are looking to hire a Developer Advocate to work with developers, startups, and agencies to enhance the merchant experience on Shopify through novel apps and powerhouse platforms throughout the commerce landscape. You will be making strategic decisions about how we attract, nurture, and retain valuable relationships with partners that touch every aspect of Shopify.
You'll need to have:
- Knowledge about what an API is, how they work, and how they're used by individuals and companies building amazing products
- Enthusiasm towards creating compelling content for Shopify's developer ecosystem
- Willingness to go to conferences, meetups, and other events where our developer ecosystem hangs out
- Patience and empathy for the developer experience, and desire to help them in any way we can to be successful on the Shopify platform.
It'd be nice if you had:
- Programming experience (especially using APIs) – you've worked on projects of various sizes and have a history of shipping
- Understanding of the entire Shopify platform, from the core functionality to Liquid, our various APIs and SDKs, and how they all fit together
- Public speaking skills – you want to go to events and talk about Shopify, APIs, and developer ecosystems
You'll be working on things like:
- Creating blog posts, documentation, and example apps connecting Shopify to other APIs or demonstrating how to build features on top of Shopify
- Visiting industry-leading events, meeting with our developer community, and spreading the word of the Shopify platform
- Talking to developers during every stage of their Shopify lifecycle – helping them from conception of an idea through implementation, launch, and eventual success
- Working with our merchant facing teams to identify functionality and platform integrations that Shopify doesn't have, but would improve the merchant experience
- Helping to organize and run hackathons, where our developers get together to build amazing things for Shopify
- Working with developers to make sure that our relationship with them is mutually beneficial by helping them turn their app idea in to a viable business for them
- Working with our App Onboarding team to determine what makes a good app for the Shopify App Store, and helping to implement those standards
- Explaining the features and benefits of our most powerful SDKs to developers who are building their first Shopify app.
Here's how to apply:
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of Shopify, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. Please address your cover letter to Kimberly.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Partnerships jobs are posted.