The Apps team works with third-party developers who are looking to build the next great commerce app on Shopify. As a member of the Developer Experience team, you will be responsible for providing the tools, community, and resources that allow developers to build confidently and efficiently on the platform.
- The skills and technical depth (of understanding) to answer questions, troubleshoot and problem solve unique problems with third-party developers
- The ability to explain products, features, and functionality with technical accuracy and simplicity
- A track record of positive customer-facing service experience. We want to hear about any of your freelance work, retail experience, community management, etc.
- Experience working with web APIs
- Experience with server-side web application development with Ruby, Python, Node.js, or PHP.
In this role you will:
- Act as a consultant and subject matter expert for Product Managers and Software Engineering teams to resolve technical obstacles and improve the product's vision.
- Create technical content for our documentation (or anywhere else our developers are looking for educational content) in a variety of programming languages and frameworks.
- Write high quality sample applications that developers can use as boilerplate for their projects.
- Contribute to existing open source projects that serve our developer ecosystem.
- Engage directly with developers on our forums or at meetups to help overcome tough technical obstacles.
If you are a Developer and are passionate about sharing your expertise to help other Developers, and are interested in helping us shape the future of E-Commerce at Shopify, click the “Apply Now” button to submit your application. Please address your application to Janeffer.
This posting will remain up until July 11th, 2017. Candidates will be contacted in the weeks following.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Partnerships jobs are posted.