Developer, Risk Operations
Shopify is the world’s fastest growing commerce platform and we have no plans to slow down. We’re on a mission to scale our platform while simultaneously improving performance, reliability, and resiliency. To do this, we need the help of dedicated, methodical, and versatile engineers.
The Risk Operations team at Shopify is responsible for the day-to-day operation and sustainable growth of our payments services, fraud detection, and merchant compliance for all Shopify Payments merchants. This is a technical position which aims to support our analysts by developing, improving, and integrating tools used to catch fraudsters, ensure compliance, and protect our bottom line.
You'll need to have:
- Experience with Rails or the desire to learn it quickly
- Software development experience: proficient with software design patterns, code review, TDD, building and scaling user-focused web applications, etc.
- A strong commitment to quality
- Persistence and a love for problem-solving and troubleshooting
It'd be great if you had :
- Experience with relational databases and SQL (we use MySQL)
- Experience working in Risk/Fraud protection
You'll be working on things like:
- Writing back-end code in Ruby
- Collaborating with other designers, developers, and analysts
- Using TDD to write well-tested code
- Fixing bugs fast and taking your time to solve hard problems well
- Learning and growing constantly
If you're interested in applying please address your cover letter to Dustin.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Engineering jobs are posted.