About the role
Shopify is on a fast-moving mission to make the best products for merchants, buyers, and partners around the globe. Shopify Channels was designed to give merchants one unified platform to do it all. The teams in this product line helps entrepreneurs grow their businesses by creating experiences that feel empowering and delightful across numerous online and offline channels and in turn empower them to build the best shopping experience possible.
We are looking for a technical senior leader who is passionate about performance, scalability, and building for the long-term. This person will collaborate with the multidisciplinary team to build and scale business-critical systems, and contribute to new products and features. This lead will also be managing a team of developers, providing them with mentorship, technical direction, and career guidance, as well as actively take part in recruiting activities to grow the team.
Requirements for the role:
- A strong technical foundation and a recent history of building and shipping innovative products and features
- Comfortable being hands on in the code, and helping your teams solve complex technical problems when the situation demands it
- A proven track record of success in leading software development teams
- Highly beneficial if you have experience with product funnels, A/B testing, and growth techniques
What you'll work on:
- Build high quality, globally available, fault tolerant systems and products
- Go deep into the platform and solve the hardest problems we have
- Work through problems with your team, form an opinion and advocate for engineering-specific roadmap items
- Collaborate with R&D stakeholders and garner buy-in to provide the best commerce experience for our merchants
- Learn and grow constantly to feed your passion for self-improvement and make those around you better
Please feel free to add any links to online portfolios, public works, GitHub repos, or anything else that helps to showcase your work. We will be accepting applications online until 5pm ET on Friday, January 31st.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work. We truly appreciate your time and look forward to learning more about you!
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
|Senior Developer||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, Waterloo|
|Business Systems Integration Developer||Engineering and Development||Toronto, Canada|
|Apprentice Development Manager||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, Waterloo, Remote UTC -3 to UTC -7 time|
|Senior Mobile Developer (iOS, Android, React Native)||Engineering and Development||Toronto, Montreal|
|Senior UX Developer||Engineering and Development||Toronto, Canada|
|Shopify Dev Degree - 2020||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Toronto|
|Production Engineer||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, Waterloo, Remote|
|Production Engineering - Cloud Network Engineering Specialist, Network Foundations||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Toronto, Waterloo, Remote|