About the role
Shopify is on a fast-moving mission to make the best products for merchants, buyers, and partners around the globe. The Marketing Technology team's mission is to help merchants to market their products on multiple channels. We are building a product that educates and guides our merchants in their marketing journey in order to make them successful.
We’re looking for a Development Manager to join our Marketing Tools team. Among it’s core responsibilities, the team will develop customized marketing plans for different merchant segments, provide feedback and insights about the performance of the marketing campaigns and work with our partner teams to integrate 1st and 3rd party marketing activities.
Requirements for the role
- A proven track record of success in leading software development teams
- A strong technical foundation and a recent history of building and shipping innovative products and features
- Comfortable being hands on in the code, and helping your teams solve complex technical problems when the situation demands it
- Commitment to and drive for quality, technical excellence and results
- Passion for growing development teams and improving others
What you'll do
- Build high quality, globally available, fault tolerant systems and products
- Go deep into the platform and solve the hardest problems we have
- Work through problems with your team, form an opinion and advocate for engineering-specific roadmap items
- Collaborate with R&D stakeholders and garner buy-in to provide the best commerce experience for our merchants
- Learn and grow constantly to feed your passion for self-improvement and make those around you better
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Please get your application in by 5pm EST on Friday September 27h. We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We’re looking forward to reading your application!
|Senior Anti-Abuse Engineer||Engineering and Development||Toronto, Canada|
|Development Manager, Retail Channel||Engineering and Development||Toronto, Canada|
|Director of Security Engineering||Engineering and Development||Toronto, Canada|
|Security Engineering Lead - Mobile Applications||Engineering and Development||Toronto, Canada|
|Production Engineering - Datastores - Database Engineer -||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, Waterloo, Remote UTC -3 to UTC -7 time|